Power factor wet or dry pipe Vs RRP carbon wetpipe

beachedflunkey

wavejunkies
MB and a lot of the rest of yall have been a big help to me and pretty much none of you were the original source of the information. Good info, I'll give MB a call along with others when I'm ready to make this kind of power move.

I rather hang from TPE nuts than Torr nuts any day of the week!
At least he earned his knowledge over the years with hard work and experience rather than stealing other peoples ideas and products and regurgitating them as his own...

Its not hard to tell all these haters are connected to the same source,prolly a holiday sleep over slumber party and a game of truth or dare. I have been in the room when some of them were on the phone with baxter before they knew their ass from hole in a injected pipe trying to fig out how to get a pipe to rip. Knowledge is gained from books,forums,texts,phone calls,amoung many others.The pursuit of any given knowledge is the important part.. I dont see anyone droppin quotes on their tuning posts from where this info was derived.I needed some tips on large mag pump installation in superfreak hulls with lucas,as he has good experience with it,along with the waterbox they use on the pfp from another a/m company
On that note..Xmetal makes a custom baffle waterbox for the pfp for their 900 and another for their 1200.They were partners in the production of the pfp and understandably dont want to compete with pfp. But they have been turning up in some skis not running scream motors. worth a mention..

detuning? thats one way to look at it,but some surf riders and river riders spend more time riding their ski than finger jacking it,and dont care to pay for race fuel on a daily basis.Getting a ski to hit hard on low comp with pump fuel, a big pipe and enhancer low timing is much more a tuning feat than oxy race fuel/220 psi+ and tl with a 155 pump. Any knucklehead should be able to get that to rip. It can be done,for far less money in parts and fuel bills. Wilkeys 950 is now the best 180 comp pump fuel skis we have had in our group,among a few tpe motors with more cc,including the one I owned and tested in a lighter carbon hull that weighed half the fs2

Its not hard to tell all these haters are connected to the same source

Just the same as your supporters no? Just like Mark showing up in this thread to support you after not posting in what? 4 years?

Wilkeys 950 is now the best 180 comp pump fuel skis we have had in our group,among a few tpe motors with more cc,including the one I owned and tested in a lighter carbon hull that weighed half the fs2

Which brings us back to Alex's point of you don't own a PFP, how did you test your "comparable 964" with a b-pipe against Wilkeys 950 with TL and PFP? We all know the step up from b-pipe to PFP is huge, how can you even think about comparing the 2 unless you are only talking pipe performance?

I recall a comparable setup would be Dan Kims 964 in his backie chan (apart from hull weight, which you claim you had with you carbon), that setup is, and has, been stomping a mud hole in Wilkey's setup since day 1, I doubt you could get Wilkey's setup any where near the power Dan's is putting out....

ScottS

X
Site Supporter
Sooo.... No PFP in the garage? I don't think Alex is stirring it, just stating the obvious... Sounds like we need to take this back over to the junkie forum to resolve...

That's a damn good idea, take your drama to the Junkie's forum, we don't want it here. What's with you dick-licks that have to derail every good thread with drama, and the a-holes that jump in and make it worse? You guys should be banned! Have you noticed, the traffic on this site is dwindling? I talk to many people who don't go here anymore because of this penny-annie drama. We don't want to read it.

We have lost many of the best members on this site because of people questioning the character. This is killing this site and we will all miss it once it's gone. So, if you don't have something constructive to add, how about shut the F-up!

I will start with very recent experience. PF wet was horrible with setup I had, DASA 7 port 10 mil 900 with 50mms carbs and 160 14 vein pump. Setup was slow to rev, took time and a lot of throttle to "clear out" and just an all around soft feeling power band. Running pipe dry really changed it up. The PF chambers have known reliability issues. Personally the older WDK wet pipe, TNT or the RRP would probably be my choice for a pipe. PF dry from my back to back experience.

Last edited:
hopefully i remember to post what i find (with my lack of pipe tuning skills) to work with my new setup running a tnt v3 pipe early this summer.

following

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
hopefully i remember to post what i find (with my lack of pipe tuning skills) to work with my new setup running a tnt v3 pipe early this summer.

following

Did you open up the manifold and remove that step looking part? I just got a tnt lay down pipe and the manifold casting is ugly..

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Did you open up the manifold and remove that step looking part? I just got a tnt lay down pipe and the manifold casting is ugly..
Are you referring to the step where the chamber heat shield slips in? Do not remove that.Fill it with rtv or something else unless you want a crack pipe. Tims instructions. Otherwise the heat shield flops around. It serves the same purpose as the orings on a pfp chamber.

i think hes talking about the step if you are looking into the mani via the 2 ports. there is a bad machined step in there that looks like it could reduce flow. glad you chimed in tho, ill do the rtv thing on mine!

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
i think hes talking about the step if you are looking into the mani via the 2 ports. there is a bad machined step in there that looks like it could reduce flow. glad you chimed in tho, ill do the rtv thing on mine!
Ahh yes! I gasket port matched mine when I got it to fix that. If you have any cylinder other than 61x you'll need to port the manifold anyways.
Yep, filling the step is the most important thing you can do with this pipe. I'm looking into using a viton gasket material for a longer lasting solution than the RTV.

do you think using thick high temp o rings could be used in place of rtv? similar to the pfp 2 or 3 o rings but without having the o ring grooves? or i was thinking using a high temp silicone hose that would fit over the pipe flange, but thin enough to fit into the mani opening.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
do you think using thick high temp o rings could be used in place of rtv? similar to the pfp 2 or 3 o rings but without having the o ring grooves? or i was thinking using a high temp silicone hose that would fit over the pipe flange, but thin enough to fit into the mani opening.
The o rings being round will slip off the back,past the step. Tim said he's tried that. You would need a square profile o ring if you wanted that to work. Hence why I'm planning on trying 2mm thick viton gasket material placed inside and RTVd in place. Same stuff a pfp o ring is made out of.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
If you can find a high temp hose that'll fit perfectly but I've done bit of research and couldn't come up with anything yet. After measuring, the viton gasket material seems like the best bet.

Top Bottom