Power factor wet or dry pipe Vs RRP carbon wetpipe

Myk

I just recently switched mine over to injection. I was having lack of power and bogging issues, pressure tested my chamber and found it to be cracked. I'm very impressed with the water injection, very powerful. I still have lots of tuning to do with it, i need to get the temp up in my exhaust, I'll be trying some smaller jets in the next few days.

What jet size did you go with on your nozzle? 60 like the rrp? Did u use a 1/4" nozzle or 3/8"?

I used 1/4" nozzle and the smallest jet I had at the time was 122.5 so that's what I am currently running. I just got a bunch of other jets in the mail to try so I'm going to start going down in sizes.

WILKEY

SO FAR CHANGE SUCKS!!!!!!
We've got a rrp and pfp to compare. I picked up everything I need to make my pfp wet like the rrp today. I'll fill you in on how it goes tonight. I'll try and remember to take a few pics as I go. I also have a 3/8" filter and spray nozzle and a 1/4" filter and spray nozzle. I know the rrp uses 1/4 but I'm not sure y it would matter since you are restricting it with a jet either way. ...

How did it go? Got any pics?

I have the RRP and PFP manifolds side by side, they are the same casting, the RRP has a tapped hold for the water inlet fitting, and the exit bore is sleeved to match the chamber, the sleeve is welded in place. Dead easy to imitate, but unfortunately i didnt take any pics

Take a couple pics of them,how much smaller is the ID with the sleeve in it than the PFP. With both setups being so sim, the pfp injected setup will prolly work best with RRP locations and 60 jet. Air,water,pipe temps might change the "perfect" tune of the pipe a bit,but once its in the ball park its still way better than drypipe for low end hit with most motor setups. Certain type beachs,like jersey with the black crushed shell,and fl inlets with cocina crushed coral would be a pita to keep filters clear,but most reg sand isnt as bad issue with mine

$120 shipped sounds like a nice little sum and saves you about $70 off somebody elses price.

Your getting soft in your old age .... :) Generaly speaking are all spray nozzles con figured the same way with a 45 degree cut on the bottom. Give me some spray nozzle schooling .

mc master has spray nozzles that spray full cones,hollow cones and straight walls,in 1/8 and 3/8 for about 8 bucks,that would give you much more precise control of the spay pattern and amount of water as well as direction.

I run powerfactor (with the new Air Time Products waterbox ) and love the power as it is, I for one will not be drilling holes in my manifold. Other opinions are available

So should I take my brand new Power Factor and add a spray bar...?

The rrp and the PFP are very sim,the rrp reports are coming in with much better bottom and mid on same motor,than pfp,they are obviously wet injected.a few guys fig out a few yrs ago the PFP injected makes larger slow reving motors hit much harder with better response.

keith.. Thats what I was thinking,same precise casting,Edlebrok is making them for both companies. Apparently pfp must be getting a few more at a time and keeping them in stock?I wouldnt think that welding in that spacer would make that much diff,the final size 1 inch back is the same. IF you have both you should try a back to back test,bet it surprises you. although all 1100 cc + motors are pretty nasty anyway,youll prolly still be surprised at the diff

It's easy, just plug all the fittings on the chamber, drill and tap the manifold to install a spray bar, tap the spray bar to run a 60 or so jet in it. Hook up the water line that used to go to the inlet on the chamber to the spray bar and you're golden.

Make sure the outlet on the spray bar is directed towards the chamber, not the motor :p

Top Bottom