Retire from this sport=NO!

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
If you find a way to get back on a ski, and you’re riding a deep swell with me, you better personally ensure:

1.) you are physically up for it,

2.) you have the mental discipline to be safe while pushing your individual limits,

3.) your ski is up to par, and

4.) you’re having a really good time.

If you put my life (and ski) at risk via pulling you out of a treacherous break, you better ensure it was not due to a selfish error on your part, or you will wish I had left you there.

Accidents and injuries are going to happen, but the goal is to reduce them while having fun and pushing the envelope. That’s why we post the carnage stories in the carnage section…so that others may learn from our mistakes. It’s far from a badge of glory! It’s something to be taken seriously!! We have many young people on this site, and they naturally look to those individuals whom are older for guidance via example. The last thing we want is a death while riding in this network. DW was either in diapers or not even conceived when Crab graduated H.S, so that was not a fair comparison as Chris accurately stated (plus DW began when he was eleven).

Safety is always first. Fun is second. Self-perceived glory over a personal goal is last.

don't worry, I'd figure a way to stay on the ski. I'm thinking along the lines of a kayak harness, or something of that nature. maybe a couple of extra float attachments to make sure it self-rights in the water. low center of gravity and less the weight of my legs means I'd probably be pullin triple or quadruple backflips...lol. eat your heart out Maxient, you got a gimped up nigga out there makin' you look handicapped...LOL

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
be glad you didnt take up ski-diving:stups:

You mean BASE Jumping. Sky diving is safe compared to BASE. And for the record, I would trade all of this ski crap I own, time ewasted, and good friends/riders met to go sky diving every day. There is nothing like falling, I mean flying, through the air.

R

ridethelip

Its time to retire and move on to other things, big sale coming soon. I still have some obligations with the Mason ski and such so i will be around for a while.

181171d1248587781-crab-gets-early-birthday-gift-greyland-broken-wrist-jeff-003.jpg
Crab is a man of many talents and understands the risks that go with the sports that hurt his body.He's particularly good at eating,being a husband,friend,baller, and isn't afraid to make things funny akward or both.You are all being played.

Jetaddict

9 years to retirement...
I'm 42, been riding skis of all sorts for 16 years. Started riding standups about 2 years ago, and I am definitely addicted. I've tore up my shoulder landing on my bars on my old VXR, got a rotator cuff injury from a spill off my Blaster, blew out my ankle on my SXR, and that's not to mention the pain in my lower back after a great day out on the water-and many days after the ride. I've been to Daytona three years in a row, one of those years in so much back pain I was doped up on Percocet and Tylenol just so I could make the drive...once I was in the water, I felt like a new man.
I'm not into rolls, backflips or other crazy maneuvers. I just like to ride and watch others do the fancy stuff. I plan on riding well into old age- I will be the guy pulling up to the boat ramp at age 70 on the latest stand-up. I've realized that adapting to age sometimes means reducing expectations of your limitations-I know I can't be doing half of the things the 20 years olds are doing, and I don't want to try. But I sure as heck ain't gonna stop doing the things that give me enjoyment and happiness in my life- after all, what would life be if you stopped doing things for fear of always getting hurt? Then you might as well sit on a porch and in a rocking chair waiting for your day to come. Get out there, do the things you enjoy, but do them within the scope of your ability. You can still have a good time and avoid the ER!!

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Pain is a weird thing. The dentist told me I had a cavity and it needed filled. Well it wasn't hurting but I had them fill it anyways. My damn jaw/mouth/tooth/face hurt for a month afterwards. I am like WTF my tooth didn't hurt BEFORE you drilled into it. Well then I woke up one morning and it didn't hurt anymore. Cost me a few bottles of advil though...

I hope you feel better Jeff. I have never... knock on wood... broke a bone so I can only imagine what you are going through.

SuziQ

Banned
Does your wrist feel stiff in the morning??? :Banane19:

:no: He squats!
He might roll-over too if you give him more attention (or at least post-up a staged pic for some more :rolleyes:)!

http://www.isnare.com/?aid=379794&ca=Pets

:haha: :tapedshut: :haha: :tapedshut:

(positive attitude this time around…that has to be at least 70% of the battle always recall. :fing02:)

Top Bottom