RICKTER talk

Ok I just dont get why Rickter would make the tray so narrow. With your feet in the foot holds you are at a stock SJ tray width. And foot holds on any other ski get your feet wider.
When looking at the brackets there is a ton of dead space behind them.
So a few cuts and nut serts from the inside you gain over 3 inches of total width.

Straight line cut
Heat and pull just the turf up
Draw center lines
Drill
Nut sert and tighten down
Re glue turf

Now don't get me wrong it was hard to cut into these $$$ holds but this is just somthing I had to do. Who wouldn't want a wider stance.

46b53642-f390-1a24.jpg

46b53642-f39d-3ce2.jpg

46b53642-f3a9-0c6a.jpg

46b53642-f3b7-9bb3.jpg

46b53642-f3c4-d9cd.jpg

46b53642-f3d5-cdf1.jpg

46b53642-f3e5-5cae.jpg

46b53642-f3f3-2b5f.jpg

46b53642-f3ff-a8a9.jpg

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Very interesting! Whats the tray look like with them installed?

Are any of you Rickter guys unhappy with the width of the adjustable foot holds? There's over 2 inches of width you can get the holds in the pocket more. I'm working on a bracket to fix this.

Missed this post. Ya I'd be interested to get more width in the tray.

Last edited:

timoNZ

less work more surf
Intake Grate

With my FR-2 hull turning up in a couple of weeks, I managed to rip the Intake grate, pump shoe and pump clean out of my SJ. Luckly the cooling line and steering cable saved the pump but the intake grate and pump shoe where lost to the ocean! What intake grate are people using for surf riding. Also has anyone used a D cut ride plate on a Rickter???

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Anyone tried the different FS2/FR2 rideplates? I am running the small/short plate now and thinking about trying the medium one to see if it keeps the nose down a little more in the surf. Looking for any feedback from someone who has tried any of the MED or LONG plates.

Thanks.

145.jpg

ThatGuy

Site Supporter
Anyone tried the different FS2/FR2 rideplates? I am running the small/short plate now and thinking about trying the medium one to see if it keeps the nose down a little more in the surf. Looking for any feedback from someone who has tried any of the MED or LONG plates.

Thanks.

No one has tried one of these? I need to keep the nose down more I am 6'7" and if i get out of position the nose shoots for the sky, tail stands in the surf are not really a cool trick. I will be shorting my pole but I think a longer plate will be a big help just don't want to spend that kind of money if it ruins what I like about the ride now.

145.jpg

Nobody has tried one of these? I want to keep the nose down more I am 6'7" and if I get a little out of position the nose shoots for the sky, tail stands in the surf are not a cool trick. Don't want to spend that kind of money if it is going to ruin what I like about the ride. I am going to shorten my pole first but I think doing both might be the trick.

Top Bottom