RICKTER talk

Well, cats outta the bag I guess by now. Pulled the trigger on a carbon xfs an should have it in my possession in hopefully a month. It's already here in the states. Also just got my pfp today, do I need to install inserts for the pfp? Anything I should know about these hulls? Comes with a full billet rrp pole setup, pump shoe, an rideplate. Putting my 140 mag an Jetworks 5mil stroker in it. Thanx for any advice.

xfs is great, everything bolts in, i didnt even need shims for pump. i used plexus for my pfp inserts, :):):):) is strong. i did alot of failed back flips and they never came out.

motoman96

Banned
Has anyone ordered one of the rickter Ninja's? I know of one headed across the pond here, anyone else? The pump tunnel has been re-worked, an the hull is capable of holding a 160 mag. Plus they're supposed to actually be lightweigt hulls. Just wondering if anyone has one on order.

looking for some help to see what you Rickter guys are running.
I ride only in the surf. I really like to ride surf style with one foot in front of the other. The problem is my front foot has nothing to hold it in place, my back is the foothold on my rickter. Are you running any type of foot holder up front like pancake petes or any type of footstrap up front or do you not feel a need? Having a tough time deciding which way to go for a guy who rides all ocean?

Thanks
Peter

Has anyone ordered one of the rickter Ninja's? I know of one headed across the pond here, anyone else? The pump tunnel has been re-worked, an the hull is capable of holding a 160 mag. Plus they're supposed to actually be lightweigt hulls. Just wondering if anyone has one on order.

whats the ninja?

waterfreak

I had a vision!
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Alright, since I just put one together, here are a few pics of my XFR build.
Everything went together pretty easily except when having to customize a battery tray in the rear and add extra fittings for the PFP.

Attachments

• DSC01489.JPG
    DSC01489.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC01488.JPG
    DSC01488.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC01486.JPG
    DSC01486.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC01483.JPG
    DSC01483.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 318

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
looking for some help to see what you Rickter guys are running.
I ride only in the surf. I really like to ride surf style with one foot in front of the other. The problem is my front foot has nothing to hold it in place, my back is the foothold on my rickter. Are you running any type of foot holder up front like pancake petes or any type of footstrap up front or do you not feel a need? Having a tough time deciding which way to go for a guy who rides all ocean?

Thanks
Peter

When I had mine I had my foot side ways ish in the rear foot hold and ran a Tomski front foot hold for my front foot. Once I figured out where my front foot was usually at, I ended up transitioning to a front strap and a rear strap on my new ski. I was still able to do the same stuff with the front foot hold that I can with strap but I feel like the straps hold me in better. It's just personal preference.

If I was unsure where I would want a front foot strap I would go with a front foot hold first.

Last edited:
When I had mine I had my foot side ways ish in the rear foot hold and ran a Tomski front foot hold for my front foot. Once I figured out where my front foot was usually at, I ended up transitioning to a front strap and a rear strap on my new ski. I was still able to do the same stuff with the front foot hold that I can with strap but I feel like the straps hold me in better. It's just personal preference.

If I was unsure where I would want a front foot strap I would go with a front foot hold first.

thanks

motoman96

Banned
I just explained it.lol
a6cd8825-b4cb-159e.jpg

Super excited to be able to post in this thread.... T-minus 1 week till my build kicks off. I have a box of parts and hull waiting for my undivided attention.

This thread has been very helpful with things to watch for... and of course Skinny.

Last edited:
ok so i know some guys who know some rickter guys and this is what i have heard about the ninja. dont bash me this is what i have been told:
they have built a rtr ninja with 260hp and 200lbs
the hull will be 45lbs for rickter competitors and 65lbs for public
new pump tunnel design
160mm mag pump capable
release date is WF

this is just what i heard from a reliable source. YES IT SOUNDS SWEET.

motoman96

Banned
ok so i know some guys who know some rickter guys and this is what i have heard about the ninja. dont bash me this is what i have been told:
they have built a rtr ninja with 260hp and 200lbs
the hull will be 45lbs for rickter competitors and 65lbs for public
new pump tunnel design
160mm mag pump capable
release date is WF

this is just what i heard from a reliable source. YES IT SOUNDS SWEET.

Sounds like DOMINATION!

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Heads up on motor mount rails. Buddy just finished his XFS. The bolts that hold the rails down did not come with any lock tight. He never pulled them. Check them or do what we just did. Had to pull everything back out. He still needed to dress up the wiring so took care of that.

ThatGuy

Site Supporter
IMG00242-20120522-2237.jpg

Long ride plate on a FR-2. It is definitely long. I can say after one ride I am a fan for surf riding. I will see how it handles in bigger surf but I was able to get more on my back foot to power thru the turns without the nose trying to come up. I am 6'7" so it might be more then normal people need. When I first saw it i thought it was way to long but glad I kept it. It also makes the commute out to the ride spot easier in the messy chop.

Polish jet pilot

4aces4aces4aces4aces4aces
so whats up with the dent in XFS hulls where the midshaft housing goes - how come it was designed like that ( to apparently cause cavitation issues)? - can this be fixed with with some sort of a sealant or only curable with spacer? If it is not surfacing well to the firewall what cuases it to cavitate (where does the air/ water go / come to)?

Strangely overlooked matter by the builder or maybe this was fixed with latest models??

Top Bottom