RICKTER talk

How is everyone installing foot straps to thier Rickters? I am getting shot of my right ninja foothold in place for a Dakine strap for more surf riding use. Just want to know if a small drilled pilot hole followed by deep threaded screws will do the job or is it a turf off job? Any guidance will be appreciated.

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
How is everyone installing foot straps to thier Rickters? I am getting shot of my right ninja foothold in place for a Dakine strap for more surf riding use. Just want to know if a small drilled pilot hole followed by deep threaded screws will do the job or is it a turf off job? Any guidance will be appreciated.

When I put one in my FR-2 I cut a square out of the turf and underpad. Then cut just the turf layer back a bit so it would overlap nicer than just putting a square back in. Glassed in a stainless piece I had inserts welded to.

If it were a superjet I would have just drilled stainless screws into it. But I didn't want the foot strap to ever rip off. I had one strap actually break at surfslam during a heat and it was sh it ty riding without it.

Might leak water into the tray just drilling screws into it. If you have some tray drains fack it...

f3a14fdc22b81aea32f3384c85dba790.jpg

be4e9a9e06c62d08dcdd0c7958501adb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
When I put one in my FR-2 I cut a square out of the turf and underpad. Then cut just the turf layer back a bit so it would overlap nicer than just putting a square back in. Glassed in a stainless piece I had inserts welded to.

If it were a superjet I would have just drilled stainless screws into it. But I didn't want the foot strap to ever rip off. I had one strap actually break at surfslam during a heat and it was sh it ty riding without it.

Might leak water into the tray just drilling screws into it. If you have some tray drains fack it...

f3a14fdc22b81aea32f3384c85dba790.jpg

be4e9a9e06c62d08dcdd0c7958501adb.jpg

I was guessing someone would say this and cutting the tray to this level wasn't what i wanted :-(
What about the Blosion insert method as an easier option, I just found this https://www.blowsion.com/dakine-footstrap-hardware-kit

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
I was guessing someone would say this and cutting the tray to this level wasn't what i wanted :-(
What about the Blosion insert method as an easier option, I just found this https://www.blowsion.com/dakine-footstrap-hardware-kit

That's just 4 bolts for 10$. They have another kit where they give you some Bullsh it 2 part epoxy you can get at a local hardware store.

You could use those ufo mounts @JetManiac sells and some real epoxy and cut out smaller holes then just patch it back up

Added the thrust EZ drain to my edge today. Ran into the same fitment issues as mentioned before. Because of the angle of the hull you end up with a gap between the ball drain and the plate that glues to the hull. The gap doesn't alter the effectiveness of the drain in anyway though. I filled the gap with black thickened epoxy for aesthetic reasons

50e3b4f9f1e3bd196b18260f7fb976df.jpg

Hi,

I think Rickter quality is less good. I have 3 Rickter and the new xfs which only 5 hours is already cracked. another friend of mine with a competition is even worse. The problem is that in Europe there is no guarantee.
Who can I contact? Rickter composites on Facebook?

Problems are on 2015 models.

Sorry to hear your having issues. I'm waiting for delivery of my new Rickter any week now, so sure don't like to hear about issues. Personally I'd like to know a lot more specific information about the issues your having.

What specific 2015 XFS model you have? Competition / Carbon? Carbon look? Heavy (XFR) or regular (XFS) lay-up? Where exactly are the crack(s)? You say crack, are we talking about a stress crack or are you saying a structural crack all the way through the hull? What you were doing when it cracked? Do you ride the ski hard? Surf or flat water?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to get the accurate information.

Just found your build thread, so it answered most of my questions about your ski. So just tell me about the cracks.

Last edited:
I hope to be doing this next week, our ski is in route to us as I type this. I was planning on riveting it to the hull (required in my state) above the exhaust and using 5200 to seal it.

Sorry to hear your having issues. I'm waiting for delivery of my new Rickter any week now, so sure don't like to hear about issues. Personally I'd like to know a lot more specific information about the issues your having.

What specific 2015 XFS model you have? Competition / Carbon? Carbon look? Heavy (XFR) or regular (XFS) lay-up? Where exactly are the crack(s)? You say crack, are we talking about a stress crack or are you saying a structural crack all the way through the hull? What you were doing when it cracked? Do you ride the ski hard? Surf or flat water?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to get the accurate information.

Just found your build thread, so it answered most of my questions about your ski. So just tell me about the cracks.

I give you more informations quickly.

I wait rickter's answers.

I have 3 rickter but my 2015 :mad:

In talking to the Missouri Water Patrol today they are really picky about where to attach the HIN # plate. They want to put it on the frame of the ski !! Well great, it's a PWC it has no frame. They then said "somewhere on the ski, visible and attached to a permanent surface". They want to pick the spot, but I'm going to push for good location, not just drilling holes in my ski. I was originally thinking the rear of the hull above the exhaust because I thought it had to be on the rear of the ski. They said that wasn't true. I in looking over the ski today I'm thinking maybe this location is a possibility (grey rectangle).

vpb2wl.jpg

It's hard to tell from the shadows, but it's not on the same surface as the hood hooks, it's lower. It's tucked away and won't show when the handelepole is down, but you could easily argue it's visible. Still considering my options.

In talking to the Missouri Water Patrol today they are really picky about where to attach the HIN # plate. They want to put it on the frame of the ski !! Well great, it's a PWC it has no frame. They then said "somewhere on the ski, visible and attached to a permanent surface". They want to pick the spot, but I'm going to push for good location, not just drilling holes in my ski. I was originally thinking the rear of the hull above the exhaust because I thought it had to be on the rear of the ski. They said that wasn't true. I in looking over the ski today I'm thinking maybe this location is a possibility (grey rectangle).

vpb2wl.jpg

It's hard to tell from the shadows, but it's not on the same surface as the hood hooks, it's lower. It's tucked away and won't show when the handelepole is down, but you could easily argue it's visible. Still considering my options.

It's not worth it, as luck would have it, the guy who pulls you over will say it needs to be on the rear by the exhaust, it's not going to go well after that. My advise, go with your original idea, one over the exhaust and one mounted vertically to your bulk head in the engine bay.

In Missouri they only do one and they want to pick the spot. I'm just trying to steer them to a location that looks good. One guy told me they don't like the back of the ski because it's under water while sitting still. I go in tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.

Info For anyone that gets a 2016+ xfr I put the vin plate on the exhaust side above the bond line with glue , ill post some pics later!

You can't put on rear bc of the weird angles and the removable sponsons are in the way.

Top Bottom