RICKTER talk

do not remove the flap.... It will suck in exhaust at low RPM and make your ski run like poop.
Hopefully keeps the bay dryer because the flap always let 1-1.5" water in. Even after it's on the stand. Will the ball scupper help it run dryer? Will the rubber flap block the water it needs to use as pressure to close?

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Ok, something I just learned about the newer Edges, They do not come with the removable rear sponsons and the rail wraps around like a SJ now. Anybody have the new one? I know Scott Stephens has one and is not over impressed, Chines are deeper causing ski to have a whole lot more bite.

Ok, something I just learned about the newer Edges, They do not come with the removable rear sponsons and the rail wraps around like a SJ now. Anybody have the new one? I know Scott Stephens has one and is not over impressed, Chines are deeper causing ski to have a whole lot more bite.
You're right, I just took a look at one in the box. Probably better off though, as most kept them on most of the time anyways, especially in the surf. I played around with them on and off on my 15 Edge, and it was a bit more playful on the lakes without them on.

Rowdogg50

Rowdogg50
I rode Scott’s in Daytona, i like my 2018 edge a lil better. The new one carves like crazy, but i had trouble getting it to slide. Super stable, almost too stable.

Stepping up to a Dasa 1200 from a Dasa 1000 this year in the XFS. Who's done it? Any issues or just hang on and enjoy the power increase?

For those of you with XFR's or XFS's running a lay down pipe and front fuel tank, how do yaw run your steering cables? I have a rad dudes fuel tank and I don't really want to have to run the steering cable under the tank as that would require a lot of additional padding to raise the tank up enough for the cable to fit under? Currently my plan is to run it along the right side of the engine compartment wall but it will end making a pretty large rainbow shape that comes way up the wall.

Run down left side of tank, then cross over?

I agree that would make the most sense but with where I have my breather hoses zip tied my cable isn't long enough for that. If I untie the breather hose it wants to interfere with the foam block for the pipe. But it just occurred to me that I may be able to cross the hoses way up in the nose and secure them that way and i might be able to run it the way you said.

If not my current plan is the 3rd pick but I'm not thrilled with that one.

Also the first 2 pics are from when I still had the mounts for a oem tank. The new tank sits right on top of that.

20220410_113840.jpg20220410_113827.jpg20220501_122308.jpg

Rickter versi plug seams to be running dryer than the flap. Happy with it, atkeast it cant fall off like the flap.

Any suggestions on a taller hood pad for my FS2? I think I tried to fit a showtime freestyle but it was smaller diameter than the rickter one.

I'd prefer to not have glue showing from the old one. What's the best one or way to raise the hood pad on my FS2.

Any tips? Remove old one? Stack on the old one? Thanks

Thanks

Top Bottom