So how long? (Barrel roll content)

mosquini

Looking for a fixed steer standup
boo for the lifter wedges, I would be verry timid about getting inverted with only wedges but that is just me, I was attempting to roll my sxr in the surf after I think like 4 rides on any standup. Just go for it, what do you have to lose? :biggrin:

bit

Rider Mod Needed
So I have been reading this thread this week and taking in all the advice. So I took my ski out today, hopped to the right, hopped to the left, pinned the throttle, lifted my feet, and tried to bite the gas cap. Well the ski got just pass 1/4 rotation and dumped me harder than I have been in a long while. I lost my breath, my nuts and everything I had. I tried a few more time,but never got that much rotation again. I may try a few more times tomorrow.

bit

Rider Mod Needed
During the course of my riding today I tried the trick about 10 times. It is hard to do it to many times when you are taking hard falls. I am able to get the ski to ~3/8s rotation every time, but I can't stay with it. I did learn that I am not leaning forward enough, and that this is limited by my ability to stay in the tray. I guess it is time to install the lifter I have in the basement.

Just to let you know(im dead pleased)
I completed my first flat water barrel roll today, plate to plate
i will post vids on youtube later

How much does quick ratio steering help when doing these tricks?

thats where its at, you also need to get as MUCH THROW AS POSSIBLE i was only getting about 3/4 the way around then i tried to get a little more throw outa my nozzle and now im real close to 100% around

Steering setup has a huge effect on your ability to do a barrel roll.
Using an aftermarket system, and putting your pivot points in the correct position are key.
Move the point on the plate all the way out, and the point on the nozzle all the way in.
You want to get every fraction of steering out of your cable, which will require a little grinding of the steering nozzle. ( only grind enough to clear the pump)
When you get it set right you'll only have 3/4" of clearence between the nozzle, and the hull in both directions
I also cheat my steering a few degrees in the direction I roll.
The steering isn't straight but you'll forget it after the first 10 sec

Oh Yea ... Make sure your footholds are Tight !!! Keep the pole and your chin down.

Thats it I'm not telling you anymore, or you'll all be out rolling me
I got more but I'm sick of typing :)

jm2c

This has been typed a zillion times, But how do you do one.

I practice set up wakes, Hitting the second wake and then nothing.
There is nothing natural at the end of this that makes me think " right, Roll It "

There has to be a body position and weight transfer thing that i`m not getting.

I need help.......

(just a heads up, i cannot do rolls) but id advise watching a lot of videos, i watched videos all winter so now i kind of have a roll planned on paper, now its just doing it on a ski. i think you kind of have to make the wake with a nice steep lip, then as you come to it, time it and get the lip to toss the ski with the help of cranking of bars, throttle, crouching in tray, and roll your self. its definately harder to remember all that stuff when your 2 seconds from the wake, but just go out and try, get video, and see where the problem may be. ( again i cant do rolls, this is just how i look at them )

if u can roll an SXR then you are all that is man.. thus i guess im half a man.. need more practice but i could feel it last season.. helmets help the nose and ear pressure sinus blast upon re-entry

Is it posible to do barell roll with SXR 800 on flat water?

with:
Factory dry pipe
compression 160lbs
14/19 skat trak
trim 30 degree up

Hull and pole are stock.
Do somebody know somebody that can do barel rool with similar jet.

Y

yamaslut

Is it posible to do barell roll with SXR 800 on flat water?

with:
Factory dry pipe
compression 160lbs
14/19 skat trak
trim 30 degree up

Hull and pole are stock.
Do somebody know somebody that can do barel rool with similar jet.

hell yeah... that is definately doable by the right person

Subtacular

All or nothing
My friend and I have only been riding our stock 800's for a couple months now. We are able to bury our subs and 180 nose stabs. We also have the fountains down pretty good now. So it is definetly about technique and the will to want to do it. I am about to try a barrel.

Last edited:

SuperjetSteve

Go Big or Go Home
My ski has been down for about a month now and iv been watching vids of people rolling.So i went out the other day with 2ft chop and got half way around with my almost stock 750 :)

Top Bottom