So I have an idea for 2010 for X members

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I'm considering buying a GoPro camera and sending it out to different members that want to shoot some video of some cool place they ride. Rapids, surf, salt marsh, creeks, wherever you ride that's cool, and we take the footage over the course of the year and put it all together into a video compilation.

Here's the deal, I'd send it out and you get the footage and send it back within a week or two, then I send it to someone else.

I know quite a few people have one already, but this would give others a chance to show off where they ride and we get a cool little project to follow along with as the year goes on.

Good idea? Will the camera hold up? What type of mount(s) should I get? For sure a helmet mount.

ger87410

How did I get here?
It's waterproof, right?

I've 'donated' 2 pairs of sunglasses to Davey Jones' locker. Don't send it to me. :jester:

Just send it to people you trust. :bigok: I think it'd be interesting to see where others ride.

Get a tripod mount, maybe.

SuperJETT

One idea I have for a segment of the video is take a whole bunch of the helmet mount segments and fade from one to another to another so the ski/location change but not the POV.

Last edited:
definitely a cool idea. My only question would be whether too much helmet POV might produce a blair witch effect after a while.

It would be sweet to see the different locales people on here ride.

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
It wouldn't all have to be POV. You could get some scenery stuff. Maybe the drive to your riding spot. Flashes of the different skis. Some people will get creative with mounts on the ski.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
g

I can only imagine some of the shots you may get we will need a special thread (Forum) for those shots. It will be a Riot Radio kind of thing.

Mark44

SuperJETT

Maybe I can get it over to the UK for a bit too as long as it makes it back. I need to find a way to attach some floatation for sure to keep it above sea level.

SuperJETT

It will probably be the normal wide HERO, I don't want to spend the extra $$ on something that might not make it back. It would be different if I were going everywhere and making sure it was attached properly, but I can't go everywhere--I wish.

Scorn800

Ride for life
Sounds like a cool idea. might want people tp paypal a deposit before sending, that way you know you'll get it back

Top Bottom