So I have an idea for 2010 for X members

It may just be me but, I dont trust anybody. Would you except (quality) vids via email too? I would just be skeptical on someone destroying it or something happening to it.

ger87410

How did I get here?
Maybe send it out to peeps that dont have one.But for those of us that have one we can send footage to you. Maybe give a location name for the footage shot, such as city,st. lake etc....

Going that route, you'll get more video but of vastly differing qualities.

tom21

havin fun
sounds cool, what about starting with the ride groups already on here to sort of showcase the areas? I'm pretty sure the whole westside massive is down. I may be able to get some lake action with Team Scream or pass it along to them etc.

in the interest of saving money and time would it not be better to just download and send that to you and hand off the cam to the next team or ship to next instead of the back and forth to you?

I would be willing to chip in a few clams if it makes it easier.

This sounds cool. Sent it to the west coast florida crew well give it a go.
we'll get some film of those sloppy flat water boys too (bogart):phone:

O' i see tom wrote omost the same..

Last edited:

kraqus

Site Supporter
Cool idea. I already have a GoPro and I will be willing to shoot some footage for you....say 5 minutes of the best I can get recorded then you can take what you seem OK with to add to the main Video.....

What do you think?

Benny

rasper99

Freighter wake hunter
Maybe send it out to peeps that dont have one.But for those of us that have one we can send footage to you. Maybe give a location name for the footage shot, such as city,st. lake etc....
There are a lot of people that have these kinds of cams. It's motivating people to use them and do something with the video. We probably already have a lot of 2009 video already. We could work with it during the winter for a first draft. Sounds like we just need some project organization.

For those groups that don't have helmet cams I would suggest the "pass around cam" include a helmet. That way it's mounted and tethered correctly. You could put the cam inside the helmet and stuff with foam for safe shipping. If the helmet is a L size someone in the group should be able to wear it even if they have to wear a thug hat under it.

When people ask you what you want for Christmas and birthdays this winter and you can't think of anything remember helmet cams make a great gift. That's how I got mine. A bit weird having something you can't use for months.

QuickMick

API 1104 AWS CWI
Site Supporter
definitely a cool idea. My only question would be whether too much helmet POV might produce a blair witch effect after a while.

It would be sweet to see the different locales people on here ride.

I have a helmet camera and there is no blair witch effect, its actually very steady.

Jett, if you need help with mounting, some type of lanyard, custom bracket ect let me know. Ill donate somthing to get this going.

Would be cool to send the camera to some good backie guys also.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
I would go for it. I got a Tony Hawk helmet cam a few years ago to play with, and put a big memory card in it. You'd be suprised how well it worked for such a small investment. Too bad the batteries don't last long in cold weather. I missed out on a LOT of good snowmobile action.

Attachments

• Tony%20Hawk%201.jpg
    Tony%20Hawk%201.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 80

FX-Rex

Poker in the Front...
I have seen something similar tried on another site and it failed miserably. Eventually someone will not get around to shipping back and the person eventually fades from the website.

It could work well if you had some method of accountability

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Yeah, I'm pretty well connected across the US. I think a $$$ deposit will be in order and once it's back in my hands or the next person's, the money will be refunded.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
What about the ones that have a GoPro already? No need to send the camera.
Can we send you the Raw footage and you cut and edit?

Benny

That's what I'm thinking. One thing I don't want is 5 hours of footage from one person. 15-20 minutes of say a specific ride spot like salt marsh trails or big waves or whatever is cool in that area will cover it.

kraqus

Site Supporter
That's what I'm thinking. One thing I don't want is 5 hours of footage from one person. 15-20 minutes of say a specific ride spot like salt marsh trails or big waves or whatever is cool in that area will cover it.

Yeah....absolutely!
Set the guidelines and let the footage roll your way.
Cut and edit as you see fit.

Benny

I'm picturing the roaming gnome commercial......1 viewpoint.....dozens of scene changes.....lol.

Gonna be cool.

Top Bottom