So I have an idea for 2010 for X members

jerzyjet

-enter user title here-
I think it should be strictly gopro wide. This way all the pixels and the resolution size are the same. You wouldnt want footage of higher resolution getting squashed or footage of lower resolution getting to pixlated if made bigger. I have the hero wide with alllot of mounts that i bought from go pro. My helmet mount was tethered with saltwater fishing line 20lb test i think...worked perfectly then i cut it to use the helmet w/o the camera. i'll just send some cut my own footage and send ya the better shots.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Nobody notices when the resolution changes...I've mixed wide and regular screen and nobody even noticed it. (except people who make movies)

jerzyjet

-enter user title here-
Nobody notices when the resolution changes...I've mixed wide and regular screen and nobody even noticed it. (except people who make movies)

haha i guess thats why i notice...im just saying wide to normal...sometimes the picture itself changes like normal gopro and wide go pro would change from a full screen or wide screen picture to a narrow boxy picture

jerzyjet

-enter user title here-
what kind of difference is the Wide from Regular, thinking about getting one for Mountain Biking.

normal is i think 54` view in front of you. wide is 170` in front of you. i can get some stills that would show the difference.

wide angle has a fisheye view which lets you see more to either side

Last edited:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Camera, chest harness, and bar mount are ordered and I got the case from sxi pro last week so we're rolling.

I'll grab a couple SD cards and batteries to complete the package.

Does anyone want to fab up a bow eye mount? I'm hoping to get something small enough to ship, like maybe 10" max length on both pieces would work and fit in the case I think.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
SXR riders are SOL then.

I looked at the gopro mounts, and will just need measurements for the tabs on the case. Looks simple enough.

SuperJETT

SXR riders are SOL then.

I looked at the gopro mounts, and will just need measurements for the tabs on the case. Looks simple enough.

I will have the bar mount, anything handlebar thickness 7/8" will work, just needs to mount to a bow eye securely and I'd want one like Frosty has that goes up then to the side, plus fit in the Pelican case.

Last edited:

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Ok, the 7/8" clamp will be easy, too. I have some in the shop. Maybe 2 pieces that lock together will be the easiest way to make it fit in the case.

SuperJETT

i have at least 1 maybe 2 1gb sd cards that could be donated.

I'll take care of those, they're cheap, plus it needs a reasonably fast write speed or you hit delays and 1Gb cards only give like 28 minutes of recording.

Batteries are going to be the only issue really apparently.

SuperJETT

btw, the camera is out for delivery today so hopefully soon I can send it out for the first filming.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
Cool idea. Only concerns obviously are someoen keeping it. The other would be someone losing it...

One of the coolest video shots I have seen was in the Seth Enslow I video. Maybe it was a Crusty video but it was of Seth. They had the camera mounted on the bike facing him. It only focused on his eyes. They sped the video up so the background looked like it was zipping by. What was neat was it looked liek his helmet never moved yet his eyes were constantly adjusting for the next jump, bump, turn, ect... It was some pretty good video.

just throwing it out there that im a dealer for impact videoa company and can get the go pro hd for about 230 ish shipped to anywhere in the 48 and i think the older gopro is 140 ish shipped i think. I think the company i use also has mount kits cheap as well.

Top Bottom