Freestyle Solas SS 'Mag' Nonsetback 144mm pump REVIEW

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Thanks and the stock wear ring weighs in at 2.42-lbs so its 1.58-lbs heavier.

It appears the Solas pump stator weighs 8.62-lbs and the stock one weighs 2.66-lbs, so its 5.96-lbs more.

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
Thanks and the stock wear ring weighs in at 2.42-lbs so its 1.58-lbs heavier.

It appears the Solas pump stator weighs 8.62-lbs and the stock one weighs 2.66-lbs, so its 5.96-lbs more.

I weighed it in the box so its actually slightly less than 4 lb

also FYI their reduction nozzle is near identical to oem and is die cast aluminum not stainless and no better that stock
Db

Can someone tell me what would be a good impeller for this pump with my setup?

62t/61x 735cc ported, ADA head w/ 185psi, EPIC, dual 38s, b-pipe, bored nozzle (forgot diameter) w/ stock cone.

I have 2 Skat swirl C-75's, and hope one would work to save $ :
- 10/15 not cut back
- 15/18 cut back (think it's 3mm?) (this was supposed to be a 12/16 but measured at 15/18 according to Jetworks)

Thanks!

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Can someone tell me what would be a good impeller for this pump with my setup?

62t/61x 735cc ported, ADA head w/ 185psi, EPIC, dual 38s, b-pipe, bored nozzle (forgot diameter) w/ stock cone.

I have 2 Skat swirl C-75's, and hope one would work to save $ :
- 10/15 not cut back
- 15/18 cut back (think it's 3mm?) (this was supposed to be a 12/16 but measured at 15/18 according to Jetworks)

Thanks!

I think 13/18 would be the way to go. You can send the 12/16-15/18 to Impros or Skat to have pitch checked and then repitched to 13/18. Also have it cutback 5mm while it is there.

baxt3r

BBQ
I'm kicking the idea of this pump around and have a few questions. I'm running a 701 with B pipe, 201 intake grate and 144mm C+75 at 12/17 Mag. I have the intention of upgrading hull and engine at some point with either a Freak, KDX, or Rickter and something possibly in the 850cc range. Unfortunately, I am on a budget (kids tend to do that) and would need to keep things as cheap as possible.

Would the 12.17 get me by for a while? Need to be cut back? Ballpark numbers, how much am I looking at in total for a complete setup? I figure pump, spacer, etc. Will this be a good match with a #Zero 85mm nozzle? Do these pants make my butt look big?

Tmart

formerly superjet444
I'm kicking the idea of this pump around and have a few questions. I'm running a 701 with B pipe, 201 intake grate and 144mm C+75 at 12/17 Mag. I have the intention of upgrading hull and engine at some point with either a Freak, KDX, or Rickter and something possibly in the 850cc range. Unfortunately, I am on a budget (kids tend to do that) and would need to keep things as cheap as possible.

Would the 12.17 get me by for a while? Need to be cut back? Ballpark numbers, how much am I looking at in total for a complete setup? I figure pump, spacer, etc. Will this be a good match with a #Zero 85mm nozzle? Do these pants make my butt look big?
x2 on the complete price for me minus shipping of course

#ZERO

Beach Bum
If there's a gap issue it's probably not the pump and more likely to be the driveshaft or impeller seating.

I'll be cutting back my C75 till the blades are almost touching the vanes.

Anyone had good results with the Solas Concord YQ-CD large hub impellers with these pumps?

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
If there's a gap issue it's probably not the pump and more likely to be the driveshaft or impeller seating.

I'll be cutting back my C75 till the blades are almost touching the vanes.

Anyone had good results with the Solas Concord YQ-CD large hub impellers with these pumps?

I actually had to add a spacer between my hooker and the vanes

@ #Zero yeah I run a 12/18 big hub behind a limitied 701 (pipe, head, epic) and couldn't be happier, when cutting back clearance on the center hub of the pump becomes an issue before you hit the vanes not by much but you have to watch it

Matty

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Yep... I noticed the front pump section were the seals are is at a right angle on the Solas pump where most pumps have a slight angle in this spot.

I am running a limited 701 setup as well on a SN and was considering working on my pump. I was thinking of going to a 10/16 hooker with the stock pump. However, if i were to upgrade to this mag pump, would it have better "traction" so that i would want a 9/15 hooker as opposed to the 10/16?

I guess the questions is...with a mag pump do you have to pitch down as compared to a stock pump?

Is this a good upgrade for flat water skis with typical mods(bpipe, high compression, ported motor etc)?

I have a hooker 9/15 already so that would work well with this pump. I have never rode a ski with a mag pump so I have no clue what the real difference is.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Properly set up right, they make a huge difference. If you'd never tried a motor bigger than a 701, you wouldn't have an issue with that, either. :biggrin:

It is very much worth it. One of the best power delivery mods I've made to my flatwater boat.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Properly set up right, they make a huge difference. If you'd never tried a motor bigger than a 701, you wouldn't have an issue with that, either. :biggrin:

It is very much worth it. One of the best power delivery mods I've made to my flatwater boat.

Cool. I have never tried anything bigger than my 701. Will be running the ported bored out 61x this year that I was talking about in the other thread you have posted in.

I didn't know if these pumps were something that were only beneficial to those with larger motors, or if they also worked good with poor man motors as well.

XFT LOU

1 hp./1.83lbs
Mine arrived yesterday. Also purchased a new impeller.
When I get together you can ride it.

Top Bottom