Surfriding Speed and Style Surf Competition 2013 Daytona Freeride

Sharky

www.fpjetskis.com
I like the idea as it brings something different.....i believe that the surf slam is judged the best in the world and also at the Australian freeride open they scored it 50 /50 one of the guys who came through just did huge rolls and 180's and flips and was wave rideing , i would love to try it some time as i love slashing waves and reentries and getting in the pit, the older i get the less i wanna fall out the sky.

I do believe to much is being pushed on aerials and points should be deducted for not clean landing a trick ( doubles are excluded of course very hard to land ) or at least a tail spin / stand and ride away but falling off the back of the ski ..hell people need to train to land stuff , I like the idea of doing it like a surf contest where they start out the back and have a 60 second stint in and out to catch as many waves then out the back and line up waiting for the next guys ...points scored out of ten ...( points for agression, position on the wave ect ect ) each rider gets 4-5 runs so we can wait for sets to come through ...

just my thoughts ... also there should still be aerial manouvers but as descried renetries (they can be flip roll or spin reentries) they should be scored the same as the guy that does a huge slash spin or top of the lip turn ) and only scored more if they land it (big points if you can land a underflip reentry and ride away )

points should be deducted the minute a rider falls out the tray but as long as one foot is still in and the craft is still upright then its OK in my book like doing a spin around tail stand ( technically you are still in control)

just my thoughts from across the ditch

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
I like the idea as it brings something different.....i believe that the surf slam is judged the best in the world and also at the Australian freeride open they scored it 50 /50 one of the guys who came through just did huge rolls and 180's and flips and was wave rideing , i would love to try it some time as i love slashing waves and reentries and getting in the pit, the older i get the less i wanna fall out the sky.

I do believe to much is being pushed on aerials and points should be deducted for not clean landing a trick ( doubles are excluded of course very hard to land ) or at least a tail spin / stand and ride away but falling off the back of the ski ..hell people need to train to land stuff ,

points should be deducted the minute a rider falls out the tray but as long as one foot is still in and the craft is still upright then its OK in my book like doing a spin around tail stand ( technically you are still in control)

just my thoughts from across the ditch

IFWA if you dont land the trick and still be on your ski , its not scored and doesn't count no matter how insane it is
they dont deduct points if your fall or lose your ski, however you aren't gaining any points either and your loosing time in the heat as well.
Ive seen plenty of great riders forget to really surf some waves and score a zero for their surf score, sucks for them but its 50 percent of the score you cant win without some surfstyle

this is why I also like Sickest trick mixed into a contest as its a real crowd pleaser, and gives the aerial guys a chance to go huge without killing there chances for a win in the reg regular comp
Db

Last edited:

wydopen

onthepipe
There is also a real difference between faking surfriding during a contest for the sake of points by going up and doing a half hearted turn on a wave before its even broken instead of doing powerful turns in the most critical part of the wave... unfortunately most jetskiiers don't know the difference between the two...most people do the same exact "slash" on every wave when that is barley even scratching the surface of whats possible on a ski...linking up multiple maneuvers on the same wave and using every part of the wave is actually difficult...im so sick of watching all the new "pros" run from the lip everytime it gets bigger than 3ft...if you want to lay some power down on your turns you need to be aiming for the thickest most hollow section of the wave...pull the trigger and lay that thing over...thats what it was designed for in the first place (unless you are riding a circus boat..then its just made for idling around in circles in between backflips)

Last edited:
how are you not tired of posting the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.
i know im tired of reading it. seems like you think your going to change someones mind here. :smashfreakB:

wydopen

onthepipe
then

209075_1874302611614_1062636125_2111617_4578125_o.jpg

New_HF_2-1.jpg

>

now
lol.jpg

Top Bottom