Surfriding Speed and Style Surf Competition 2013 Daytona Freeride

I came up with this idea during this years freeride after watching the racing and talking to some people. I really think it will be an awesome addition to the ride. It will be a freeride comp w/ no jumping, no tricks except surf inspired maneuvers.

You will be judged on your wave riding skillz only. The only type of jump that will be allowed will be re-entries (jumps going toward the beach). You will be judged on execution, speed, style.

This will be something totally different from any other comp out there in stand up jet skiing. This will be only for standup, no x-2 or Blasters.

I already have sponsors that want to be involved, so everyone start working those turns cause this is all about holding and edge at high speed and adding style to your maneuvers

You putt around looking for waves, you will be docked points... The goal of this comp is to bring true surfriding skills to the table and display different styles that people ride.

Another reason I am doing this is all the comps seem to be for jumpers/tricksters and do not concentrate on real surf riding. I want to bring that skill set to the foreground and promote that style of riding. There are so many great riders that don't flip or roll and I would like to showcase them, because I really enjoy that style of riding and I think it will be great to watch too...

Your older than me Scott. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you are

not worried about you young padawan....

only the 800 year old jedi masters

I noticed somethign at daytona this year.........I took Frankie for a spin, and when oncoming riders approached...they yielded like I have never experienced on my own ski

Last edited:

ntrsspray

I do DUMB THINGS!!
I know you are

not worried about you young padawan....

only the 800 year old jedi masters

I noticed somethign at daytona this year.........I took Frankie for a spin, and when oncoming riders approached...they yielded like I have never experienced on my own ski

I'll bow out of this now. Only time till they read this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
It's the sort of riding that looks easy if it is done right but you realize is hard as hell when you go out there and try it.

D-Roc

I forgot!
Will you be docked points if you don't ride surf stance? Ah never mind. A True freerider don't compete. ;)

Top Bottom