Square 2 XFT Conversion

This weekend is a bust. The weather/conditions suck.

I can't wait to see this thing in person. What engine are you going to run?

It will be a single carb 62 T 760 with a 61X cylinder, lightened Hot Rods crank and lightened stock flywheel that has been ported for freestyle. Here are some pics. I am hoping to fire it up Wednesday. I have an Impros Hooker prop for it. I am actually waiting on my second Advent replacement. I should go with an MSD but I will try the Advent one more time.

Attachments

• 100_0883.jpg
    100_0883.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_0884.jpg
    100_0884.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 100_0885.jpg
    100_0885.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_0886.jpg
    100_0886.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 74

Mike W

Infidel
It will be a single carb 62 T 760 with a 61X cylinder, lightened Hot Rods crank and lightened stock flywheel that has been ported for freestyle. Here are some pics. I am hoping to fire it up Wednesday. I have an Impros Hooker prop for it. I am actually waiting on my second Advent replacement. I should go with an MSD but I will try the Advent one more time.

Did you take it on its maiden voyage yet?

Thanks, I broke the engine in last weekend and it ran great until the Riva Bomb flame arrestor broke off my 48mm RivaBomb carb. I think it was because of the Wamiltons F/A adaptor. I used the adaptor because I was always getting water in the engine compartment but with this new hood I went completely underwater several times and there was no water in there at all. I had a 44 sitting around and jetted it for the motor and it rode real well. The hull is real light and handles well. I have some pics I will post of it completed. TLR Performance.com (Todd) builds a real hardcore freestyle motor. I am very happy with it. He recommended a 48 Novi when he built the motor just didn't have enough cash to get one. Will do in a couple of weeks.

Did you take it on its maiden voyage yet?

Yes and it floats! Broke the motor in and the carb adaptor flange on the Riva Junk I mean Riva Bomb so I will go with the Novi 48 as the motor builder wants on his engine anyway. I beat on it pretty good the last time I rode and it held up well. The hood is amazing, subs and more sublandings and no water at all. Should have saved my money on the duel bilges.

Mike W

Infidel
Yes and it floats! Broke the motor in and the carb adaptor flange on the Riva Junk I mean Riva Bomb so I will go with the Novi 48 as the motor builder wants on his engine anyway. I beat on it pretty good the last time I rode and it held up well. The hood is amazing, subs and more sublandings and no water at all. Should have saved my money on the duel bilges.

You need to ride my ski. For a stock motor mine hits pretty hard with the Novi 48. On your motor I bet it will run quite nicely.

I want to get out but it got a little too cold for me.:cheer:

X2 Mike was telling me about your setup. I was going to go with the Air Time intake manifold but Todd went ahead and hogged out the Riva one. May have to wait a week or so until it warms up a little to ride. Do you know the jetting and pop off on your carb.

Here are some more pics. I am going to go with the XFT Carbon Fiber handpole. Will be ordering soon. The Power Bomb definitely is an improvement over a stock 44.

Attachments

• 100_0893.jpg
    100_0893.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_0895.jpg
    100_0895.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_0894.jpg
    100_0894.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 68

Mike W

Infidel
X2 Mike was telling me about your setup. I was going to go with the Air Time intake manifold but Todd went ahead and hogged out the Riva one. May have to wait a week or so until it warms up a little to ride. Do you know the jetting and pop off on your carb.

ATP manifolds are relatively cheap right now with the exchange rate (~$220.00). But I'm sure that hogged out riva will work fine.

Whenever it warms up enough I plan on taking it out. Hit me up because I want to ride.

the WaTeRhAwK

fryin' up a/m electrics..
I'm thinking about doing this same conversion to my squarenose. how much coin did you end up dropping on it altogether?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
What sort of deal have you got up your sleeve to acquire an XFT top deck?

Something akin to the pole trade?

Top Bottom