superjet conversion hood

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I want you two to know I hate you both!

Looks like I will have to buy a Super Jet now... :(

Unless you guys do an SXR, that would be great for us X2/Kawie guys!

Keep up the good work.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
any updates on progress?
the plug still needed work to make it perfect when the pics were taken. I started working on it today and tom will be working on it at nights too. we should be pulling the mold next week. still waiting for the guys at UMI to come back from havasu.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
I think it needs to be like 4 inches taller.
I don't think so, Demon seems to have things figured out, I was impressed with his in Daytona and I was a skeptic. I'll bet his changes will be right where things should be, can't wait to see the finished hood on a boat.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I don't think so, Demon seems to have things figured out, I was impressed with his in Daytona and I was a skeptic. I'll bet his changes will be right where things should be, can't wait to see the finished hood on a boat.

It was a joke Crab!:twak:

afcblink

Stuck in the no wake zone
We also added some lines to the hood intentionally. I'm tired of seeing hoods that are so round that they look like a bar of soap.
You did a great job on the styling. It integrates well into the SJ shape. It has enough variation in the lines and surface planes so that your eyes don't just slide off onto something else. And yet, it's not so busy that it looks gimmicky. I can't wait to see it finished in glass and color matched. Well done!

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
looks nice . whos going to make all the hardware
most likely the steering will be UMI but we are prepared to customized or piece it together if necessary. the pole bracket will either be stock or any lowered aftermarket, not sure yet. stock hood latch set up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom