Votes: 39 39.8%
  • Both 50/50

Votes: 29 29.6%

• Total voters

FreestyleFreak

Region 7 AM Freestyle
If you like to ride surf then great

if you like to ride flatwater then great,

Im personally a flatwater guy but i dont see a rider in a different way either or.

If you riding and having fun,thats all that matters right?

It takes skill in both ones.

I like riding both, I live on the Inter Coastal, and have a huge bay behind my house, have alot of dive boats and big boats going up and down all the time. Don't really like going out of the inlet by my house on the weekends (boynton beach inlet) to many idiots. And during the week it is hard to get my friends to come up and ride! Plus riding surf alone isn't a good idea. well riding in genral alone i really don't like to do.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
Just wanted to toss this out: here's where I used to ride in Hawaii 4-5 times/week at Hickam Air Force Base. It's right at the end of the long runway for Honolulu International so you get to see some cool planes coming in, both commerical and military. It's part of the AFB, so only military could get there unless you went by boat, so no locals to deal with, hardly ever any surfers or anyone really other than the group of us that rode.

The breakwater is about 20' high, so the area behind it is always flat, about 10' deep, then you have the surf breaks with the closer one to the runways being a little smaller/more consistent and the one across the channel was bigger, but a little more random and a little more shallow.

I miss it almost daily.

1_hawaii.jpg

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I have some video from it somewhere, I should capture it and post it if I can find the video tape.

so your jesse jackson then.

lol

now thats funny,no one have a sence of humor on here,We respect the flat water guys that go big,but they are the minority,Sorry bro flat water is just boring,Lbe and wydopen all make good points,basically what I was trying to say,without the politically correct nouns and breakdown."We are not" better we just ride in a better place,lol. Take 5 lake guys put them in head high or better swell and 5 surf riders in a lake and lets count the # of skis and riders left alive at the end of the day,lol

FreestyleFreak

Region 7 AM Freestyle
now thats funny,no one have a sence of humor on here,We respect the flat water guys that go big,but they are the minority,Sorry bro flat water is just boring,Lbe and wydopen all make good points,basically what I was trying to say,without the politically correct nouns and breakdown."We are not" better we just ride in a better place,lol. Take 5 lake guys put them in head high or better swell and 5 surf riders in a lake and lets count the # of skis and riders left alive at the end of the day,lol

thats your opinion.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
I like watching flatwater guys try and get past the beach break at daytona.

Weren't you ever a newb to surf? Even all the super manly surf 'heroes' on here had to try it for the first time at some point.

So, yeah, it might be fun to watch, but someone probably had fun watching you your first few times as well...and you started on a Blaster...:rant:...just sayin'. :popworm:

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
Weren't you ever a newb to surf? Even all the super manly surf 'heroes' on here had to try it for the first time at some point.

So, yeah, it might be fun to watch, but someone probably had fun watching you your first few times as well...and you started on a Blaster...:rant:...just sayin'. :popworm:
I'm not better than anyone else. I was funny to watch my first time out too. it's funny to watch anyone not used to a beach break.

here is my first time out ever on a SJ. I had only been on a superjet a couple of times before this vid so it's extra aweful. thanks to idok for letting me break my surf cherry on his ski.

YouTube - floundering in daytona - 2005

There is something special about watching people getting killed in 1' white wash the fist time.

I'm not better than anyone else. I was funny to watch my first time out too. it's funny to watch anyone not used to a beach break.

here is my first time out ever on a SJ. I had only been on a superjet a couple of times before this vid so it's extra aweful. thanks to idok for letting me break my surf cherry on his ski.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyoXHJIQfnM

There is something special about watching people getting killed in 1' white wash the fist time.

Its all about having a good time! The first time i went out of the inlet by my house. I almost got ran over a few times by a boat! And defiantly looked like an a$$! ha ha:headbang: I'm still getting use to riding. finally have my ski back this weekend to get more practice!

Top Bottom