Surf "Re-Entry" V 1.0

W

wydopen

yeah... that would be sweet... not sure on the ski.. I just don't have the funds for that kind of stuff...

im sure we can find you something...we can pull the straps out of my grey ski when i put her back together...or theres always a square

Y

yamaslut

sweet... anything would be greatly appreciated...

:bananajump:

Conquistador

B-Saw
Site Supporter
Love the write-up slutty! I've been trying this the last few times & have pulled off 3 so far. I've barely got any air at all, but I'm going to try to focus some time into them today.
I can only do them towards the left, but I guess that as I get better, doing them in the other direction will come. I'm definitely digging riding surf style lately & masterblaster is definitely a good one to learn from. I hope he's riding today:Banane25:

BTW also a special thanks to Keefer for my new sig :afro:

Last edited:

wydopen

onthepipe
had to bump this...was sick of seeing "surf" ballbuster on the main page...hopefully it didnt give anyone any ideas...couple pics of TC for your enjoyment..photos by Dana Barry

picspismo12-07014.jpg

picspismo12-07028.jpg

Last edited:

wydopen

onthepipe
I always struggle with the landing and not getting eaten up by the waves

yes its all about timing...you arnt doing them in the footholds are you???...you need the front foot forward to get the leverage to level the ski out and get it in front of the wave...id say if you are landing too far off the back you need to hit it later but thats easier said than done...(i repeat reentries cannot be done properly in the footholds!!!!)

oh yea well we had the tubbie discussion before but this is another place where the tubbies shine..when you hit the lip the wider nose "pops" more and it dosnt get defelcted by the lip causing your balance to be thrown off...with tubbies you get a more consistent feel when you hit it..

Last edited:

wydopen

onthepipe
also when you go higher it gives the wave more time to break while you are in the air so you arnt landing in such a critical spot (landing in the whitewater not the top of the tube) this is obviously more important the bigger it gets..once again easier said then done

Yeah, I did one where I landed on the tube of a pretty good size wave last fall and it ate me up. When I land in the whitewater I have a heck of a time trying to get hooked up and going again.
I don't have tubbies. I do about 50% flatwater and the boats I have ridden on flat water with tubbies I didn't care for. I really need to find a boat I can spend some time on in the surf(with tubbies).

Chad

wydopen

onthepipe
Yeah, I did one where I landed on the tube of a pretty good size wave last fall and it ate me up. When I land in the whitewater I have a heck of a time trying to get hooked up and going again.
I don't have tubbies. I do about 50% flatwater and the boats I have ridden on flat water with tubbies I didn't care for. I really need to find a boat I can spend some time on in the surf(with tubbies).

Chad

yea sometimes when you land on the whitewater it helps to crouch down super low and drag a leg strait off the back of the tray to stabilize the ski...i dont really use any throttle as you are going down the whitewater cause it will just spin.(just enough to keep from stalling the motor).if you land it right you will be going "downhill" so not much throttle is required until you are in front of the whitewater....hope that makes sense

Last edited:
Do the west coast waves have the massive vortex of vacuum on the backside of the wave that drills you into the bottom if you land in it? Our east coast waves sure do.......that's a real incentive to land in a sweet spot!

I dig the comment about "don't use foot holds", I'd like to see them done with out strap-ons too.

Last edited:

wydopen

onthepipe
Do the west coast waves have the massive vortex of vacuum on the backside of the wave that drills you into the bottom if you land in it? Our east coast waves sure do.......that's a real incentive to land in a sweet spot!

I dig the comment about "don't use foot holds", I'd like to see them done with out strap-ons too.

Oh yea..ive been sucked into a few of those..thats how i blew my facemask on my helmet out...you can use one foothold just not both feet back dumper jumper style...:ugh2:

also when you go higher it gives the wave more time to break while you are in the air so you arnt landing in such a critical spot (landing in the whitewater not the top of the tube) this is obviously more important the bigger it gets..once again easier said then done

I know when I land a good one because I am out in front of the whitewater and the wave kinda spits you out. It is a great feeling when you hit it right in the pocket and the power of the wave forces you towards the shore. We are looking at a great wave for the next few days. I may have to call in sick if the small craft advisory is lifted.

GUMP

i rekon
first landed re-entry pic

i wish i had the take out pic but i don't.

this is the first high re-entry i landed i think I got it now...
but i still crash a lot

Attachments

• IMG_4067.jpg
    IMG_4067.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 81

Its all about the surf!
are you supposed to land on the white water or infront of it

Its way cushier if you land on the whitewater but we have contests here to see who can land out in the flat in front of the wave

Top Bottom