Custom/Hybrid The BOB Hull & its recent changes

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
In recent times, all of us at The Ski Clinic/The BOB Hull have realized that changes are needed to boost the quality of our products.

To further our family grown business, we have made some changes.

So starting this month, not only will I be taking care of the customer service, but I will also be taking over as Manager for The BOB Hull and will be personally over seeing every little step that is being done inside the production booth. Now when you purchase a BOB Hull, you will be working with the guy who is also part of producing the hulls.

Also, since I'll be heading the production booth, first thing I am working on is not only upping the quality of all of our products, but I am also working on updating all of our tooling to make sure alignment is as perfect as ever, quality out of the moulds is perfect, and so that our moulds will work with Vacuum Bagging, which we will be offering in 2013, along with our revised line of hulls and products that are available for next year.

Lots of good things and improvements are coming from us very shortly! Thank you to everyone who has supported us throughout the years. We're doing our best to make sure you guys get the best products we can offer, thanks again.

Attached are photos of some of the first few products made since we began the changes in production, all hand laid.

The BOB Hull
Head of Operations
-Derrick Kemnitz Jr

Attachments

• DSCN2020.jpg
    DSCN2020.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 361
  • DSCN2012.jpg
    DSCN2012.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCN2013.jpg
    DSCN2013.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCN2014.jpg
    DSCN2014.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCN2015.jpg
    DSCN2015.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN2016.jpg
    DSCN2016.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 354
  • DSCN2017.jpg
    DSCN2017.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 484
  • DSCN2018.jpg
    DSCN2018.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 421
  • DSCN2019.jpg
    DSCN2019.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Did you see the bilge pics?? Just saying

Haha yes I did. I was referring to the smooth contours of the body lines and the fact that it looks pretty uniform. A bilge doesn't need to look mint in my opinion. I just expect it to be strong, lightweight, and everything be lined up properly. What good is a pretty looking bilge if the inserts aren't lined up or there wasn't extra composite material layed in areas of extra stress to prevent cracks? I'm not referring to any specific hull but I want the outside to look mint and if I'm asking for a lightweight hull I don't mind seeing visual imperfection and multiple pieces/layers of glass/carbon in the bilge but I do expect structural perfection from any hull.
Without even mentioning the word "price" (since that is generally known upfront with any manufacturer) you have 3 options with a hull:
•Lightweight
•Strong
•Visual perfection
You can only emphasize on 2 of these:
•Lightweight/strong will not have as much visual perfection because you will see multiple strips of glass/carbon which takes away from visual perfection but adds to lightweight/strong
•strong/visual perfection won't be as light since you are replacing the reinforcing strips with full sheets of glass/carbon to keep everything uniform and flowing nicely
•lightweight/visual perfection is a flatwater hull with little or no reinforcing and won't be strong enough to handle the abuse of riding surf

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
thrown_under_bus.jpg

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
I will say I'm impressed that TheSkiClinic is stepping up and publicly addressing the issue. It says a lot for them, their company and ethic. They're trying to make things right! This is a good thing, so hopefully this thread won't get spun into a negative. They are improving, continually innovating our sport / hobby and moving forward. I'm stoked!

Tommygunz

Team PHP
As I have said many times in many different threads, The Ski Clinic has been phenomenal to work with and I'm stoked for their products to only get better! My new build will hopefully only help to show the true heart and soul that this family is really putting into their new hulls!

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Lil D you should have a new Ride hull at the Daytona Freeride. That would give you a chance to prove the improved fit/finish of your products and also how capable the new hull is in surf.

image.jpgThe two of the tree I've seen so far are bad ass !!!... Mat and nate ... Those things rock !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Top Bottom