Custom/Hybrid The BOB Hull & its recent changes

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
Second infusion hull was yet another success. First try at a visual carbon bottom deck and its pretty damn flawless. Weave is straight all across, and the finish out of the mould is as smooth and shiny as can be. Made this one a little stronger, so the bottom deck is about 18lbs, as apposed to my first attempt which was 13lbs. Hull should be around 50-60lbs or so, and probably the strongest we've ever made for a light weight. Doing the top deck for this one on Tuesday.

Carbon Perfection on a Budget, baby! :brap:

I'm stoked for how well we're progressing in quality in such a short amount of time. Going to do a few more test infusion hulls for our personal skis, to determine strength:weight on our personal skis so that I can have a set lay up schedule for the public. I should have pricing available for Vacuum Infusion Glass & Carbon hulls after the Daytona Freeride.

Attachments

• 735137_557467577614764_2038126845_n.jpg
    735137_557467577614764_2038126845_n.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

rubbertoe

X-H20 certified
Dk ,your stuffs looking great !!! ive been fighting the feeling ,cause my G-3 hull is holding up great ,but damn your latest stuff is looking bomb ! i might have to sell for the upgrade !

chadman154

#Itsonlymoney !!!!!
Second infusion hull was yet another success. First try at a visual carbon bottom deck and its pretty damn flawless. Weave is straight all across, and the finish out of the mould is as smooth and shiny as can be. Made this one a little stronger, so the bottom deck is about 18lbs, as apposed to my first attempt which was 13lbs. Hull should be around 50-60lbs or so, and probably the strongest we've ever made for a light weight. Doing the top deck for this one on Tuesday.

Carbon Perfection on a Budget, baby! :brap:

I'm stoked for how well we're progressing in quality in such a short amount of time. Going to do a few more test infusion hulls for our personal skis, to determine strength:weight on our personal skis so that I can have a set lay up schedule for the public. I should have pricing available for Vacuum Infusion Glass & Carbon hulls after the Daytona Freeride.

Awesome work... Cant wait to see tommys hull. I think he ordered a pink one.....;)

DK-Freestyle

2011 World Champion
Been delayed a bit, but I finally got around to infusing the top deck. Had to crank out a months worth of hulls in 2 weeks so we could make the trek to Daytona, but nonetheless, we made it happen, with no lack in the finish quality! 5 shipments of hand laid hulls finished up today, with just enough time to infuse my second top deck, and it came out just as good as the first. Playing around with a new lay up schedule, and it looks like I've found myself a winner. I estimate this hull/ hood combo to come in at about 60lbs, but it's easily stronger than the surf hulls we've made in the past. I have ZERO worries about any kind of damage happening to this hull over a good period of time.

We'll be releasing Vacuum Infusion info soon, and it looks like we'll be offering Glass, Hybrid and Full Carbon options. My personal ski was a Full Carbon, this one is a Hybrid - Details to come soon. I'm flying out to Daytona tomorrow morning to spend some time on my new ski, I'll see everyone next weekend!

*Note - The second picture shows the infused decks stacked together, not bonded or trimmed yet.

Attachments

• deadline.jpg
    deadline.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 123
  • hyprid top.jpg
    hyprid top.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Top Bottom