the trivial complaints thread

In the last phase of my motor build. Came in monday morning and my pass side exhaust manifold is gone off of my workbench. Tear the shop apart trying to find it. Finally i call the guy who comes by and gets our scrap metal. He says they only took what was in the scrap barrel from the shop. So tben i call the guy whose house they keep scrap at. He says yeah theres an exhaust manifold sitting right on top of the pile here. I go get it, and this morning i tell our manager lady about the issue. She calls the scrap guys and bitches them out about taking stuff. Come to find out its the owner who is throwing all my stuff out in the first place. Last time it was my radiator now my manifold, last time i ever do a major project at work.
Thats some bull poop, that petty crap pisses me off. Like ill have a powerade in the fridge at work someone will go in there take a big drink out of it and put it back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Post a bigger picture...hard to tell what is going on there. Was it a new pour, or a stamped overlay?
I'm at work now so I don't have any more pictures. Basically the color didn't stick at all. It's a brand new pour not an overlay. The concrete itself looks nice but the color they used just washes right off with the garden hose...

Ducky

Back in the game!
I'm at work now so I don't have any more pictures. Basically the color didn't stick at all. It's a brand new pour not an overlay. The concrete itself looks nice but the color they used just washes right off with the garden hose...

That's confusing. Why wouldnt they mix the colorant into the actual concrete mix when they poured it? Ive never seen colorant look that thick. Do you know how they colored it?

It's fixable, but frustrating none the less.

I guess this was a powder that they put on top of the concrete. I was under the impression it would cure with the concrete. Turns out it must not have. They are supposed to come back later today to remove the forms and stuff so I'll freak out on them then. Just not in the mood for this BS right now.

I guess this was a powder that they put on top of the concrete. I was under the impression it would cure with the concrete. Turns out it must not have. They are supposed to come back later today to remove the forms and stuff so I'll freak out on them then. Just not in the mood for this BS right now.
Looks like they just put the powder color on top of the cement and didnt float it in. I've never seen anything like that before.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
Trivial complaint: When you get a call from one of the kids that the SN won't start. You ask them: "Tell me EXACTLY what it is/is not doing" and they say "I push the start button and it just clicks". You then ask, "Ok, so again, it's just a click, NOTHING else?" "Yep just clicking, and we(daughter and BF) REALLY wanted to go riding". So, I am stuck at work and in my head, thanks to their valuable input I'm thinking it's the starter solenoid, which I have an extra one or two of anyhow and I can throw one in when I get home. So I tell them to take out the Blaster and mom's couch so they can at least get out on the water. I feel bad they can't ride the SN, but not bad enough to let them take my RN, because nobody is riding that but me. I end up leaving work early, get home, throw on my shorts, run over to the SN and press the start button...whir whir whir click, whir whir whir click. UGGGH!! I call both of them over and press the button again.....whir whir whir click. And ask "Is this what it was doing for you?" "Yep, just clicking". "ARRGGGGHHH!! THAT IS NOT JUST CLICKING!!!" (I scream at a volume level setting of 11 inside my own head). "Go grab me one of the spare batteries in the cellar" I walk to my truck and grab a 10mm and ratchet. I toss the spare battery in, and of course it starts right up. The daughter looks at me and says "Why didn't you tell us over the phone that is was just the battery, we could have taken care of that?"...............I bit my lip, walked away, and headed directly to the beer fridge.

Happy Father's Day everybody!!!!!

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
anigif_enhanced-buzz-25468-1342450895-3.gif

I have spent two days drilling out a heat hardened stud that broke off in my turbo. Finally get all the way through it and i am tapping the hole and break off the tap in the hole. Now i have to buy another tap, knock the old tap out of the hole and obviously i need to drill the hole bigger. This is the last thing i have to do before i install my new engine and it is taking forever.

Engine went in but wouldnt butt up to trans. I look down in there and see a dowel pin stayed in the trans and new block has pins in it too. So another guy suggests just brapping it with an air hammer to loosen it and push it out. Well it broke the bell housing around the pin. But the engine is in just have to install the top mount intercooler and bolt up thermostat housing and add coolant. Hoping to start her up in the morning. Unless some other nightmare issue arises between now and then i sbould be good to go.

Got the subie running this morning and its leaking coolant from the thermostat housing. Cant be easy when its your own car

Top Bottom