The Waternut Stunt hull build

Waternut

Customizing addict
No I rode the SN on Wednesday... It's still going strong. I may slowly piece it back together or swap back to it if the stunt hull isn't everything I hoped for.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I don't know exactly when I will take delivery of my hull. I emailed Dan on Monday and he said he was finishing up two hulls on Tuesday and mine was next. Hopefully it'll be delivered within the next 2-3 weeks. I placed the order on Nov. 7th so it's been 3 weeks already but obviously a hull isn't something that just gets slapped together in a night and shipped out. I would still consider a month or two fairly quick though. Plus he's been struggling with getting the new hood mold so I'm sure that has slowed things down too.

I just want the hull soon so I can ride it a few times before Daytona.

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
I just want you to get it together before Christmas so I can ride it and decide if I want one before the Christmas special is over.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Finally an update... My hull shipped out on Wednesday and I should be able to pick it up Friday. Shipping was $190 in case anyone is wondering which is pretty freaking good considering it's huge and should only take 2 days. I have to drive to pick it up but no biggy.

In other news, I realized I would need a RN pole since the slim style brackets aren't made for SN poles. I bought a used Rick Roy aluminum pole and cleaned up all the dents and painted it. I also made myself a chinpad because I was cheap and didn't want to spend around $100 or so for one. I also did a DIY taper bore on a 62t nozzle a while back but I'm not putting the trim system on immediately because I want to get a good baseline using as much of my old setup as possible and I want to be sure my bored nozzle isn't worse than my straight bored 61x nozzle.

Attachments

• 02-25-10_1911.jpg
    02-25-10_1911.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 01-30-10_1259.jpg
    01-30-10_1259.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 173
very nice, yea i had to drive a couple hours to pick mine up to but it was cheap so its all good. glad you're finally getting yours.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I don't know exactly when I will take delivery of my hull. I emailed Dan on Monday and he said he was finishing up two hulls on Tuesday and mine was next. Hopefully it'll be delivered within the next 2-3 weeks. I placed the order on Nov. 7th so it's been 3 weeks already but obviously a hull isn't something that just gets slapped together in a night and shipped out. I would still consider a month or two fairly quick though. Plus he's been struggling with getting the new hood mold so I'm sure that has slowed things down too.

I just want the hull soon so I can ride it a few times before Daytona.

Finally an update... My hull shipped out on Wednesday and I should be able to pick it up Friday. Shipping was $190 in case anyone is wondering which is pretty freaking good considering it's huge and should only take 2 days. I have to drive to pick it up but no biggy.

In other news, I realized I would need a RN pole since the slim style brackets aren't made for SN poles. I bought a used Rick Roy aluminum pole and cleaned up all the dents and painted it. I also made myself a chinpad because I was cheap and didn't want to spend around $100 or so for one. I also did a DIY taper bore on a 62t nozzle a while back but I'm not putting the trim system on immediately because I want to get a good baseline using as much of my old setup as possible and I want to be sure my bored nozzle isn't worse than my straight bored 61x nozzle.

What happened to the 2-3 week delivery from Nov 27th?

But this is really the norm for most builders!

Waternut

Customizing addict
What happened to the 2-3 week delivery from Nov 27th?

But this is really the norm for most builders!

Yeah I was being a bit optimistic on delivery but at the same time I do feel that I was being lead on too. When I hear things like, "as soon as I receive payment I can start laying up your hull" and "I'm finishing up two hulls tomorrow and yours is next"... That kind of leads me to believe that I'll be taking delivery very soon.

I do want to be perfectly clear though. I'm a little upset at the delivery time and I've spoken with Dan about it. However, Dan has never failed to answer my questions and has been very helpful. Also, even knowing all the hulls and hull kits that have come out since I placed my order, I would still buy the Highroller hull. The value for money is exceptional and I'd rather spend a week or two cleaning it up and making it perfect instead of paying someone else a couple extra thousand to clean it up and make it look perfect. I do think I probably would've bought the kit though but it wasn't a big enough deal for me to change my order.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Took delivery tonight. I've never seen so many maniacs driving forklifts in my life but the guys at Forward Air appear to have taken good care of my hull. Dan strapped my hull down with ratchet straps too so I got some free straps with my hull! Here are some pics that many people have been waiting for.

All I did for these pics was give it a quick vacuum and quick wipe down with a wet rag. It'll get cleaned properly later.

Attachments

• 100_7241.jpg
    100_7241.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_7242.jpg
    100_7242.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 100_7240.jpg
    100_7240.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 271
  • 100_7239.jpg
    100_7239.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 374
  • 100_7238.jpg
    100_7238.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 361
  • 100_7237.jpg
    100_7237.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 100_7236.jpg
    100_7236.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 327
  • 100_7235.jpg
    100_7235.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 293
  • 100_7234.jpg
    100_7234.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 339
  • 100_7233.jpg
    100_7233.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

Waternut

Customizing addict
Some more...

Attachments

• 100_7243.jpg
    100_7243.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_7244.jpg
    100_7244.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_7245.jpg
    100_7245.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 297
  • 100_7246.jpg
    100_7246.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_7247.jpg
    100_7247.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 193
  • 100_7249.jpg
    100_7249.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 100_7250.jpg
    100_7250.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 100_7252.jpg
    100_7252.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_7253.jpg
    100_7253.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_7254.jpg
    100_7254.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 175

Waternut

Customizing addict
Obviously the hull isn't perfect but with a little lovin' she should look great. My first impression when seeing the hull was "That's a wide son of a bitch!!".

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Waternut, let me start off by saying I am proud for you that you now have your hull and hope it's what you want in a ski.

With that said, any builder should have enough pride to not let something like that be seen by the public. 2 hours time would have made a world of difference in the 'initial' appearance. I realize that you can take the same 2 hours and do it yourself, but where is this guys pride? I have not slammed this guy at any time and I do like the fact that he is trying to fill a void in the a/m hull market, but dayum!!!

Now, with that said-get r done and have a blast!!! I love the wide tray design!!!

Last edited:
lol i thought the same thing. when are you planning on having it all put together??? and let me know if you have an issue with the rideplate bolting up once u have the pump installed. it was like the pump sits down about 1/4 inch to far, so the rideplate didnt want to fit really good so i had to tighten the bolts, and kindof make the rideplate bend a tiny bit against the pump to get it to work. maybe its just mine, i dunno??

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
lol i thought the same thing. when are you planning on having it all put together??? and let me know if you have an issue with the rideplate bolting up once u have the pump installed. it was like the pump sits down about 1/4 inch to far, so the rideplate didnt want to fit really good so i had to tighten the bolts, and kindof make the rideplate bend a tiny bit against the pump to get it to work. maybe its just mine, i dunno??

A composite plate would be a simple solution.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I hear you on the gelcoat but even the show hull on his website was kind of ugly looking. The way I see it is the gelcoat saves me the trouble of priming it. All I have to do is scuff sand, feather out/fill the rough lines, and paint. Why pay extra money for a pretty gel coat finish that you aren't going to run? The jagged cut lines are a different story though. I do think those should be smoother.

I'm hoping to have it together certainly by this time next month but obviously I haven't dug that far into it and I am anticipating some issues that won't go perfectly as planned. Dan did warn me that the 5200 was still curing and I'll need to wait about a week before I can do too much.

Top Bottom