Freestyle this thread will help EVERYONE Your setup motor / hull / prop of ANY KIND!!PROPS

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
I swear if I see someone ask a question about a prop size that has not posted previous prop size / set up here I will flame them on every post. JK I will ask Matt E. to do it for me, X-H2O POPO!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Having a giant f-off carb jetting database hasn't stopped people from asking jetting questions, so don't hold your breath.

sjetrider

yeah, its crazy how you offer a tool and some peeps will not take 2 mins to make it more usefull. Usually the same tools that will ask for help when needed but never offer any when they have the oportunity.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles

Did anybody even bother clicking on this link? Its strange why nobody on this site will do this. You're telling me you would rather send your prop back and forth to Impros 2 or 3 times before you figure out the right setup? I've been down that path, it gets expensive. I know the thought is scary to bend your own prop but its really not that hard to do.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Did anybody even bother clicking on this link? Its strange why nobody on this site will do this. You're telling me you would rather send your prop back and forth to Impros 2 or 3 times before you figure out the right setup? I've been down that path, it gets expensive. I know the thought is scary to bend your own prop but its really not that hard to do.

Do you have an impeller pitch gauge to verify your adjustments or do you just eyeball it?

1996 SuperJet
-ADA Head with 37cc domes on stock bore
-Exhaust ports opened up and polished (61x cylinders)
-stock intake manifold (62t cases) / sometimes swap out with a Blowsion single intake and Mikuni retail SBN46 with OceanPro Vortex flame arrester just for fun
-stock 38mm Mikuni carbs with OceanPro Vortex flame arresters
-Speedwerx race version dry pipe / sometimes swap out for the poor man's b-pipe just for fun (love that cheapy back-up pipe)
-stock electronics with JetManiac Yamasaki coil
-ADA quick turn steering with 4 degree bars
-small Kawi diameter drive couplers
-Hooker 9/15 impeller
-R&D Afterburner pump core stuffer
-blueprinted pump
-tapped for triple cooling
-Worx Dominator shortened ride plate
-footholds
...anything left out is stock.

SuperJet round nose build thread...
http://www.x-h2o.com/index.php?threads/1996-round-nose-superjet-project.106380/

1992 Kawasaki 650sx
-stock head milled down leaving a 0.005" squish band
-stock electronics
-lightened stock flywheel
-oil injection removed and intake oiler port plugged
-stock bore
-polished exhaust ports
-stock intake manifold bored out to 44mm
-Mikuni SBN44 carb with OEM supplied jetting
-OceanPro Vortex flame arrestor
-stock bored out exhaust manifold to 44mm
-modified stock head pipe bored out to match the manifold and extended expansion chamber
-stock water box
-PJS top loader intake grate
-Jetsport extended ride plate (stock plate untouched is more fun but porpoises more)
-Skat-Trak 10/18 impeller
-stock pump cone (maintained better pump pressure and performance over a short cone)
...anything left out is stock.

650sx build thread...
http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/54481-Completed-650SX-Build-From-50Hp-to-60

Last edited:

naticen

Site Supporter
Do you have an impeller pitch gauge to verify your adjustments or do you just eyeball it?

There's a link in that thread to print off your own. I've used it for 550's up to 144's and it works for all of them. I haven't read that thread in a couple years but standing a ruler next to the prop and marking the prop at different distances is a good way to double check symmetry as well.

baxt3r

BBQ
2006 Super Jet with carbon fiber hood and nose piece
701cc
OEM pump
OEM carbs
ADA head with 35cc domes
Limited B-Pipe
12/17 big hub prop
Worx 201
XMetal waterbox (new style)
#Zero exit nozzle

sjetrider

If your going to pitch your own props i highly recomend buying the pitch gauge to your exact size prop. They are easy to pitch and impros and skat do it the same way. The pitch GA is cheap if you buy a prop that you feel is close and pitch them up or down as needed it can save you HUNDREDS in props. This thread is designed however to get you CLOSE to begin with. If you buy a 15/22 and end up needing a 10/18 you will have a HUGE gap between your prop and wear ring decreasing efficiency greatly.

So post your setup here to help you and others determine how to get close right from the start.

96 superjet -3 or so thrust realm hood and nose piece
rickter adjust holds
jetworks 771 61x 62t 185 comp
blowsion 2 piece head
factory pipe with limited chamber
dual black jack 44s
riva intake
lightnened flywheel
61x elec ( just sent to jss)
msd enhancer
12/17

Last edited:

Christian_83

Xscream
BOB G3 carbon 90lbs complete
DASA Billet SS 850 89mm PV cylinder
DASA Billet dual intake w V force 2
Dual 49mm Full Spectrum carbs, High 125, low 135, popoff @ 22psi
PFP exhaust with PFP waterbox
MSD dual channel digital Total loss, 30deg static, retard 14 deg - start 5000rpm.
Solas 144mag with xscream trim, skat trak mag 12/17 prop.
ATP torrent adjustable billet grate.

sjetrider

seems if you have a "limitted" setup in an SJ the ONLY prop is a 12/17
If your on a budget and want good performance I recoment trying an 08> oem prop in your limitted setup SJ RN or SN I always had good luck with them. Crazy they come on a stock boat but work well with considerable mods.

01 Superjet fiberglass/carbon Reinforced

-753cc Jetmaniac/Blue Ported top end (stock cases) 62t/61x
-Stock 38s
-170psi Compression
-Lightened Flywheel stock ignition
-B-Pipe Limited
-Hooker 9/15 with stubby cone
-85mm nozzle
-Worx 201 Grate

Hooks up with great bottom and pulls hard but runs out early.

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
2012 foot rocket

-JM BB 781
-dual OEM 38s
-lightened/drilled flywheel
-MSD enhancer
-solas mag
-hooker 9/15 big hub
-Protec steer nozzle
-Protec intake grate
-Carbon B pipe
-Vforce IIs
-JSS coil
-Prok arrestors
-xmetal waterbox

Most impellers received are not pitched right anyway....don't trust what you get unless u measure it yourself.....

*** 5500 Feet Altitude ***

BOB GEN 3 771cc TS

MAG 144mm - SOLAS 8/13 - SHORT CONE- 85MM NOZZLE- OEM 62T STEERING NOZZLE- R&D INTAKE GRATE ( MORE THAN 201 ).

---------------------------------------

BOB GEN 3 876cc JETWORKS

MAG 144mm - HOOKER 11/17- MED CONE- 85MM NOZZLE- OEM 62T STEERING NOZZLE- - R&D INTAKE GRATE ( MORE THAN 201 ).

We are currently working on a 148 MAG setback set up.....but pitch & specs has not been perfected yet

Last edited:

sjetrider

BOB G3 carbon 90lbs complete
DASA Billet SS 850 89mm PV cylinder
DASA Billet dual intake w V force 2
Dual 49mm Full Spectrum carbs, High 125, low 135, popoff @ 22psi
PFP exhaust with PFP waterbox
MSD dual channel digital Total loss, 30deg static, retard 14 deg - start 5000rpm.
Solas 144mag with xscream trim, skat trak mag 12/17 prop.
ATP torrent adjustable billet grate.

Awsome info bro. Carb settings are interesting, total reverse jetting, I would have guessed much higher on the prop too. Great info.

sjetrider

trying a 13/18 148 mag in my skat 148 mad pump pushed by a Dasa 1100 pfp and tl
results later this week.

Tried the 13/18 148 mag with short cone SPINNER, long HUGE cone better but too loaded for my carb settings. Going to 14/19 w/ small cone, started at 14/20 and it was OK but I felt it could be better.

will know tomorrow if the 14/19 & short cone is a winner winner chicken dinner. Nozzle bored to 86mm 88mm protec steer nozzle btw

Top Bottom