Blaster thoughts . . . please on a 1100 blaster for surf riding

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
The pick-up coils and stator have the same resistance values but obviously the wires are shorter on the 1100-63M. Other than the 1200-65U pick-up coils having a black plastic housing they should bolt up and work fine if you shorten the wires. The ignition coils have a different turn ratio on the 1200-65U and the primary resistance value is a bit lower which would give a little hotter spark. The 1100-63M CDI has the timing at 19-degrees at 5,500 rpm for all cylinders according to the service manual and the 1200-65U CDI staggers the timing more 22-degrees front cylinder, 19 center and 17 rear to compensate for crank twisting. If you're running the triple engine in a lightweight hull you may just want to use the 1100-63M CDI or find a programmable box with a more of an adjustable timing curve with less staggered timing such as the Riva or Advent ignition boxes. Also the flywheel on the 1200-65U have a crank trigger plate pick-up that is half the size of the 1100-63M which might affect your timing curve if the CDI's are swapped.

Thanks for the info, I will be running a 1100 CDI box so it should all work out, I have sourced the new plastic blocks and connectors to hook up to the CDI box, I just need to swap the flywheel out and finish building the engine.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
i was sworn to never tell by the man that told me because if i told he would stop our friendship......
said they had alot of money in testing the pitches and sending them back and forth..

its just respect to my virgina buddy...........

I understand, but does your buddy from Virginia know that you're running a Yamaha not a Kawi 1100? There's a significant difference so you probably dont want to be getting prop pitch advice from a Kawi guy.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
how do you know?....

he has a 1200 sj....and its sorta close to that....if it dont pan out it will be shipped back to dave to tweak it some more.

Well I thought he was giving the prop that the Kawi guys run. The Kawi guys target the high 7000s. Being a Yamaha guy, you might want to target lower RPM (like 7100). Either way, you should think about sending your CDI to Protec, or getting a Riva CDI or something. The stock rev limit is too low for a 144 pump.

BTW, you're using this for a surf riding application where most are talking about race application. Just something else to consider.

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Yea the Riva CDI is unobtainium. I have one that I've been holding onto in case I decide to run it one day. Go with the Protec mod. They raise the limit to a fixed 8100 RPM.

BlasterDisaster

Back Flips & Barrel Rolls
It's not mine to be honest but if it was fixable I was going to make an offer to purchase it from my friend

It was all start stop issues if I remember right. Definitely the cdi and not the start stop switch...

the aluminum pump shoe that came in from impros , must have been unfinished.......i had to majorly grind the hell out of it to make it fit perfect..........100 bucks and still had to grind it...the intake grate holes were not even drilled and tapped , or the mounting screw holes........
2 hours to put it in....ridiculous!ness

Top Bottom