Custom/Hybrid three years in the making and its about perfected

IMG_0049.jpg

found a descent picture of the ski mocked toghether at the end of the summer. we had problems making the top deck thats pictured and ended up redoing it before we could test it out.

never had it so easy putting in one ways.
IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0106.jpgIMG_0105.jpg

hopefully with just a little more bondo, another coat of primer and paint, we will be ready to build the new molds. im planning on picking up materials for the molds and atleast one, maybe two hulls next week so i will be iching to have a new hull by the end of the month.

phone 039.jpgphone 041.jpgphone 041.jpg

i spent the whole morning sanding, bondoing, and more sanding. everything should be close to flawless with zero waves in it. i am going to pick some primer and paint up in the morning and should have the plug completely done by this weekend. I cant wait to see it finally done with a nice paint job

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
You guys going carbon or glass?
Progress is looking good! I need to get my A$$ in gear and start putting in some hours on my build.

i picked up some paint and primer but the primer i bought i think was faulty. it was supposed to be grey and it was positively black. i still went a head and sprayed it anyways. it ran really bad and would not dry. its always something. one step forward two steps back. i sanded and wiped the wet paint off and put a light coat of a different primer last night. phone 001.jpgphone 002.jpg

Off to the paint store.

phone 074.jpgphone 075.jpgphone 076.jpg

made some progress last night. managed to get a coat of primer on and wetsanded. found a few small pinholes that needed to be filled and one more coat of primer on. I cant wait to see it painted.

Attachments

• phone 074.jpg
    phone 074.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 94
phone 015.jpg
i liked the straight black best but i wanted to try adding a little color to the clear coat to see how it looked and this was a perfect time to try it. looking forward to tomorrow to see how it looks in the sun and so i can finish clear coating the top deck

phone 008.jpgphone 009.jpg
clear coat is completely done. i just need to wet sand with some 1200 grit and buff it out tomorrow night, and i will be ready to finally make and new mold.

Looks sweet! you gonna be on tonka or at the sortie with this bad boy?
i would love to get a closer look. and see this baby perform

Top Bottom