Trendsetterz Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The people who have big motors are probably experienced enough to know they don't want to waste there time using a701 for flatwater."
Fixed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

have to totally disagree. lack of power will show you more about the hull and less about the engine. if you have to rely on the engine to o big tricks then u probably don't have the skill to truly analyze the hull if you think a small engine is a waste of time. but just my opinion. i believe a smaller motor will make it more about the hull less about the engine and guys with enough skill to go big will be able to analyze it better and those of us that aren't ready for a big motor can get a feel for it.

849tigerbotkv1

formerly ihate5mphzone
have to totally disagree. lack of power will show you more about the hull and less about the engine. if you have to rely on the engine to o big tricks then u probably don't have the skill to truly analyze the hull if you think a small engine is a waste of time. but just my opinion. i believe a smaller motor will make it more about the hull less about the engine and guys with enough skill to go big will be able to analyze it better and those of us that aren't ready for a big motor can get a feel for it.
Nuf said ^^

i'm sure brian meant that anybody that knows their ass from a hole in the ground would pick a big motor over a 701 for flatwater. make sure if you really want to know how a hull rides ,couple that gutless 701 with a stock pump. mag pump totally changes the ride for the better.

I personally think every builder should have a 701demo

Half of the skis I rode last year at demo day had huge motors, I demoed a Rickter surf boat with 1100 pfp 148 mag and total loss way more than I'd ever need in the surf

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Unless your use to the large motors, riding new hulls is going to suck. I would say I have been riding longer than most here. 25 years now. I cannot handle the large motors well because I do not have a large motor. Just not use to it. I have a 7 year old daughter that is more important.......... But would love to try new hulls. IF new hull has a large motor I am not going to even bother.

deftons56

Brian
I guess I'm just being selfish, after riding skis with power a 701 is boring as f$@k, might be my a.d.d. kicking in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Correct me if I'm wrong but this hull was designed for pure flat water freestyle. Sure you can feel the ride, but the handling definitely changes with some power. Hard to get a real idea of how something will perform when it won't get out of it's own way. Riding the demo chans last year, as well other smaller engine chans, I speak from experience when I say there is a huge difference in the handling.
Also, don't take this the wrong way, but we're not talking about a tricky or xs tuned 1000 here. Almost all 1000-1200cc setups belonging to average folks that I've had the opportunity to ride didn't hit like the pro tuned 900's I've ridden/owned. They were mostly all very rideable and relatively tame.
That said, I'll be stoked to see even the empty hull!
Edit:An 850 would be perfect. Enough power to get a real feel and hopefully not injure folks.

Last edited:
I'm thinking a very user friendly dasa stock stroke 850 with stock electronics and a 148 set back pump ????

as an amateur i enjoyed my ride on a stock stroke 850 dasa. motor ha linear power and could be ridden at 1/4 throttle and plane out and ride comfortably which is what made the biggest difference to me as a newb. but i still think a limited 701 test unit from every manufacturer to be on a level playing field is still the best for the consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom