Trinity Composites EVO XF

#ZERO

Beach Bum
Awesome thread and a great lookin ski. :fing02:

What's up with this Awl Grip top coat and why not just use automotive urethane enamel paint? :scratchchin:

Advantages of awl grip=

-The only paint recomended by majority of the marine industry

-Dont have to shoot clear coat

-Awl grip will out live the life of your ski

-Can use acetone to remove stickers, will not rub the paint off

-Cures cancer

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
These are some of the sickest hulls out there! Congrats again Bobby! Looks like I better start saving. I can decide if I would want a Lamey, a GPR 800, a big bore 61X/62T, 800 SXR, or my 1100 ZXi engine...

And as for that contract, Waterdawg and 24/7 should really take note on that!!

What I love the most is how he comes on here and shows you what he is doing. He doesn't have to hide like some other manufactures. Plus being he builds custom planes, I would think his skills speak for themselves.

For those of you interested in following this build to completion here is the link to the thread on pwctoday : http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=177079&page=2 . I just purchased an engine which should be here about the time the ski gets here. Pics of the engine are on the thread also.

For anyone looking at an aftermarket hull I highly recommend Trinity. I have total confidence in Bobby's work and that gives me peace of mind when justifying the cost of an aftermarket hull. I feel positive that I can not destroy this hull.

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
These are some of the sickest hulls out there! Congrats again Bobby! Looks like I better start saving. I can decide if I would want a Lamey, a GPR 800, a big bore 61X/62T, 800 SXR, or my 1100 ZXi engine...

What I love the most is how he comes on here and shows you what he is doing. He doesn't have to hide like some other manufactures. Plus being he builds custom planes, I would think his skills speak for themselves.
Thanks for the good word. All those engines will fit in the hull. I'm more than happy to show pics of these skis. That way at least people have some idea of what goes into the hulls. I have no secrets for showing what is right and materials used, nothing to hide. As for the contracts the guys who have purchased love the security. Terry's hull was one week late and he was compensated for the delay as the contract states. Further more the delay was out of my control, but ultimately I gave the delivery date which is my responsibility.:bigok:

I here ya. I was gona go with a ported 701 as it will be all the power I would ever need for surf aplication. But then at the races this weekend my ADD started kicking in, and now I am thinking of a limited 787 Sea poo motor.... Then I could have a sick freeride/surf comp ski with a little too much power, but also have a competive GP class race ski.... all in one, for a overall relatively low cost :hail:

:wiggle: :biggthumpup:

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
1100 ZXi engine in there? really?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

what pump would it use?

I would go with a Skat mag of some kind, not real sure of the diameter.

I have a 96 1100 ZXi engine but it needs a full rebuild. I got the ski cheap and parted the rest that I won't need making my money back plus some to boot. I would use the 1100 engine, V Force reeds, R&D intake manifold, tripple Keihin 42's or Aftemarket SBN's of some kind, an ADA head, and I have a Coffman pipe for it already. I would want to use a total loss system of some kind since it would eliminate all the clutter of the stock ebox and the rat's nest of wires. Throw in an up trim nozzle, Skat Mag pump/prop, SJ aftermarket pole/steering, foot holds/turf, ect,,, and you have one hell of a ski! The light weight hull would offset the heavier engine. A stock 1100 has 120 hp. But an 800 GPR also has 120 hp stock and weighs less too... Decisions, Decisions... As long as I could go back to an 800 SXR engine, I would be all for it. I don't think that would be a hard feat to pull off. the 1100 is basically a 750 engine with an extra cylinder. Everything looks identical. Would just need some extra motor mounts for the 1100. But I have to pay off all my debt and start saving up before I will ever go down this road...

What does a stock SXR hull weigh and what do your hulls weight Bobby?

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
My stock kawi 800 sxr was 165 lbs. I've heard of some pushing 175lbs. EVO PRO is 66 lbs to 73 lbs. EVO XF 88 lbs to 92 lbs. It varies with the options of foot holds, foam, and different engines determine the amount of metal for hardpoints. Also the hoods range from 8.6 lbs to 9.1 lbs to 10.4 lbs depending on which inner liner and add ons.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
So basically you can get about 100 pounds difference in SXR weight by using your hull and hood. I bet a bunch of weight can be saved by switching hand poles too. Back in my younger days.. like 6 years ago, I replaced my 650 stock pole to an AC pole. MAJOR weight savings!

I need to weight my engines. I have complete long blocks for a Kawie 650 (single carb), 800, and an 1100. I am curious to know the differences.

Bobby do you have any plans to make any bedplates? I thought you were making composite bed plates to make the Polaris engin fit right.

my afro wearing ganja smoking brother you mean the 951 motor correct?

No sir, i meant what I said ;) Is there a problem with the 787? If 400lb couches are capable of well over 60mph with that motor, it should be plenty of power to make a lightweight race ski FLY. Just add wings. :Eyecrazy:

The 787 will also keep the weight down were I want it (for freestyle). For the race course I could always tune in my ski with lead. I have a good idea where It would go too.

Its main purpose will still be my Surf freeride boat. But with GP capablity's could it truly be a all purpose setup???!!!! I think I already know that answer.

I gotta admit, Im a little retarded for looking into GP class for a first season of racing, but I can only afford one boat, and it falls into that Category..... Besides going fast and railing corners is in my blood, and If I can take that setup and slash faces, and get upside down... Then why not!

Last edited:
No sir, i meant what I said ;) Is there a problem with the 787? If 400lb couches are capable of well over 60mph with that motor, it should be plenty of power to make a lightweight race ski FLY. Just add wings. :Eyecrazy:

The 787 will also keep the weight down were I want it (for freestyle). For the race course I could always tune in my ski with lead. I have a good idea where It would go too.

Its main purpose will still be my Surf freeride boat. But with GP capablity's could it truly be a all purpose setup???!!!! I think I already know that answer.

I gotta admit, Im a little retarded for looking into GP class for a first season of racing, but I can only afford one boat, and it falls into that Category..... Besides going fast and railing corners is in my blood, and If I can take that setup and slash faces, and get upside down... Then why not!

You guys have no idea. The 787 is the best Sea-Doo motor out there. The 951's are really good too, but very unrealiable. The 787 has a ton of parts floating out there in e-bay land, and is a rotary valve motor. No sucking a reed on these bad boys. When I raced for Sea-Doo in 99 my Neptune Racing, Bo Dupriest built SPX would do 68 MPH in race conditions, and was 0-50 in 2 sec flat. Bronson when its time, I have access to a TON of Sea-Doo 787 parts.

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
So basically you can get about 100 pounds difference in SXR weight by using your hull and hood. I bet a bunch of weight can be saved by switching hand poles too. Back in my younger days.. like 6 years ago, I replaced my 650 stock pole to an AC pole. MAJOR weight savings!

I need to weight my engines. I have complete long blocks for a Kawie 650 (single carb), 800, and an 1100. I am curious to know the differences.

Bobby do you have any plans to make any bedplates? I thought you were making composite bed plates to make the Polaris engin fit right.
I make the bed plates to fit a specific engine of choice. All hulls have bedplates ready to bolt in the engine. There is composite plates in Joshs ski for the polaris setup. Composite plates are a little lighter, there are manufactured sheets that are pressed and heat cured so they pretty dense. Which is needed for the strength to hold a thread. Its great stuff, just not as cheap as aluminum.

Top Bottom