Trinity Composites Matrix Pro Hull

OK. It's time to post about my Matrix. It's a Matrix XF (Kevlar/fiberglass) I believe we accomplished a world record ski build on this thing. Bobby really stepped up big time and helped me get it painted and put together. His customer service is outstanding and I wouldn't have a running ski yet without his help. The fit and finish on this hull is unmatched. His attention to detail and perfectionism really show through. Here are some pictures as it was when I picked it up from the painter and brought it back to Jeremy Parr's house Friday morning at 11am before the freeride. If you look, you'll notice the tooling indentations on the pole mount area. They are also on the front side of the hood. They are in the right place for the pole mount and make everything super easy for assembly. If you look at all the hardpoints inside the hull, you'll see that they are all high quality inserts. There are no crap tapped aluminum chunks here. I just can't say enough about the finish of everything and the quality. Everything bolted up perfectly and the hull is bulletproof strong.

Attachments

• P1010045.jpg
    P1010045.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 116
  • P1010046.jpg
    P1010046.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 88
  • P1010047.jpg
    P1010047.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 161
  • P1010048.jpg
    P1010048.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 100
  • P1010049.jpg
    P1010049.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 97
  • P1010050.jpg
    P1010050.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 100
The ski went from empty hull with tacky paint Friday at 11am to a completed running ski at 6am Saturday morning. We showed up to Daytona at 7am Saturday morning with a completed, running ski. I had some superstar help from Bobby, Jeremy Parr, Johnny Smith, and Johnny Leftly. It never would have happened without them.

The powerplant is my old 61x big bore given new life by Chucky at XScream. The motor and hull are an awsome combination. It's plenty of power until I can step up to something bigger later. The motor was delivered completely assembled and re-tuned. I haven't had to turn the first screw at all. The only thing I had to do was to add spark plugs and put it in the hull.

I need to get some better pictures up of the assembled ski. I've been riding it every day since Daytona and I love it more and more as I get used to it. I have zero regrets for deciding to do this and putting my deposit down with Bobby at Trinity. I'm looking forward to an awesome year.

Thanks to all of you that helped me out with assembly and parts. I'm loving it. :brap:

I also really need to thank my wife, Emily, for her permission and support for all of this madness. She's been a trooper.

Attachments

• 003-1.jpg
    003-1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

hydro72

hydro72
Congrats Garrett your boat turned out awesome and I'm stoked your so happy with it excellent choice of color the boat really stands out in the pics looks awesome can't wait to ride it tomorrow I'll have to let u ride my gp boat it will be back in action tomorrow see ya then......

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
Matrix in action.
MatrixJason.jpg

matrixcong.jpg

MatrixJeremy.jpg

matrixnick.jpg

MatrixRick.jpg

MatrixRick2.jpg

carbonjet

::::::::::::::::::
I HAVE (2) BRAND NEW MATRIX PRO SKI'S AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY!!! 1 FREESTYLE SKI AND 1 SURF SKI READY TO GO..

CONTACT ME IF YOUR INTERESTED!!
:bananalama:

Last edited:

carbonjet

Im not very familiar with all the pro riders out there but isn't that Rick Roy on a Matrix?

I saw some other pics from Daytona and Rick had the same wet suit and helmet on. Thats pretty cool.. :beerchug:

Trinity Composites

Lightweight Evolution
What were Rick's thoughts?
He told me he liked it. I asked him what he didn't like about the hull and he said there was nothing he didn't like. He did say the steering was too quick for his liking and the ski had less power than he preferred.
I would liked to have seen him and Cong ride the ski. I only found out later and was given some photos of the guys that rode the Matrix.

Last edited:

carbonjet

I was wondering the same thing.

A comment was made about it possibly being a wet ride but none of the above pics show any water coming up over the nose. :dunno:

Just my own opinion, obviously Im not a pro rider but I have ridden both hulls.. The Matrix hull doesnt wash water up in your face like the FS1 at all, its much more stable at all speeds, turns better and stays planted (which is what I think Rick is not used to) and its a lot easier to get the ski to pop out of the water.. The FS1 I rode was a 900cc XScream pro version, then my main ski which is a 1000cc XScream Matrix Pro, was what I am comparing. That's my take on the two hulls.. I bet Rick was like fek back to the drawing board darnit :phone:.. lol!!! :usaribbon: :unitedstates:

Top Bottom