Trinity Composites Matrix Pro Hull

carbonjet

::::::::::::::::::
Just got word the weekend's testing with the prototype went really well, the riders were super stoked how it handled/felt and looked on the water. Huge congrats to everybody busting there arses to get to this point!! I can't wait to ride mine!! Hopefully Bobby and some of the other pro's will chime in with more updates for you guys soon.. But were lookin good so far :naughty:

Last edited:
Ahhh.... It was nothing really.

I feel like I have wasted my whole life cheering this guy on.

I just thought the water was cold.... But im no pro. :biggrin:

And Damn does P diddy's 701 totally rape it.

Last edited:

carbonjet

Yeah it sucked nobody will want one. lol :biggrin: Diddy was just there promoting his motor. :tapedshut:

Lol, If I actually thought someone wanted to here my opinions on it here is what I would say.

It was very stable, and I felt like it was very predictable even when pushing it hard through cornering. I was suprised I never let the boat get away from me. (I havnt ridden in a few months). It was easy to ride, but it didnt handle like a SJ or a SXR.... It was easy for me to get use too, and I heard today a commplete begginer had no problem riding the boat either.

Me and Slutty just want to go get nasty on one in the surf.

Like I said the water was cold, and I didnt want to get wet. :27:

Is it shorter than a stock SJ? And would it still slid out like a SJ or did it stick like a SXR? just a few questions.... this money is burning a hole in my pocket.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
If it's anything like Madmat's shortened lightweight Envy, it can do both.

His sticks & carves if you lay it down and slides out if it's upright.

carbonjet

Is it shorter than a stock SJ? And would it still slid out like a SJ or did it stick like a SXR? just a few questions.... this money is burning a hole in my pocket.

It is much shorter than a SJ and wider from what I understand too. Tray is wider, bottom hull and sponsons are redesigned and the bond rails are redesigned front to back as well. Bobby said it was much easier to ride and more stable than both the SJ & SXR, and it slides out real nice for the setup wake. Keep in mind, its designed for freestyle, so all of those aspects have been addressed. Hopefully Bobby will give a full review soon..

Last edited:

parrdaddy

No he will not!
I spent probably close to an hour total on this ski. I can say Bobby is in fact NOT perfect, we had to make a few small changes throughout the 2 days to get it handling like we wanted :27: But with that being said, this dude took what I thought was a guess at how to make an SJ better, apparently he does know some stuff. He made some pretty big changes to the SJ hull in my eyes and it handles awesome! It's super stable compared to my SJs and it's very easy to turn, we couldn't get it to porpoise at any speed, and it doesn't try to buck you off in the turns. It's smooth at high speeds and it handles the little bit of chop that I could create very well. I was able to make setup waves without my trim easily, and I'm thinking it would roll very well with footholds. Overall, I'd say it's still closest to an SJ, but it's definitely it's own ride. I think the SJ guys will be happy with it, and the Kawi guys will like it better for freestyle/freeride. As for racing, ask Johnny Smith......I'm not the one to say how it works there, he did look fast on it.

Everybody asking for pics, I wouldn't expect to see anything guys. He's put tons of time and effort into this thing, I'm sure he doesn't want anybody taking what's his before he finishes. That's supposedly already happened once this year from what I understand (between two other groups, not with Trinity). Daytona will be here soon enough. Just understand this, I have never had any problems with how SJs ride and I was ripping this ski pretty hard after a few minutes. I may have fallen in love :noevil: Oh yeah, it turns like a mofo. I could knock out a nice 180 turn back to my setup wave like I've never done before, this thing will turn out from under you if you're not holding on :cool2: I haven't ridden the RS1 or Q8 so I can't compare there, but I will venture so far as to predict this ski will be a flatwater powerhouse.

And in the spirit if the recent political season:

I'm Jeremy Parr and I approve of this message!

stanton

High on jetskis.
the big question is will it be able to double back?
lol

PICTURES!
you cant steal crap from spy photos, really who are you guys hiding it from??

parrdaddy

No he will not!
the big question is will it be able to double back?
lol

PICTURES!
you cant steal crap from spy photos, really who are you guys hiding it from??

It's hard to steal from spy photos, it's even harder to steal from NO photos :wavey: What is a spy photo going to do for you, show you that we're not lying?

This is a working plug, so we didn't add footholds just for this test session.

Thanks... I talked to Bobby for quite a while today. He either has something going on or is just one hell of a sales man. But he sounds truthful and that this composite layup stuff makes him hard... LOL But anyhow I am in. I now have my name on the list.. I just need to see what I am getting but I guess good things come to those who wait.

Last edited:

carbonjet

Thanks... I talked to Bobby for quite a while today. He either has something going on or is just one hell of a sales man. But he sounds truthful and that this composite layup stuff makes him hard... LOL But anyhow I am in. I now have my name on the list.. I just need to see what I am getting but I guess good things come to those who wait.

Thatta boy! Welcome to the family. :Banane35:

Top Bottom