trouble mounting aftermarket blowison hood

Takeastand SJ

R.I.P. 8/9/2008
Paul said:
Ok, what is the excuse for kenny keepers then? That is a cnc product. it would be very easy to modify it in production so you dont have to grind half of it off when installing. I am a firm belever in haveing to tweak some things to a certain extent when installing, but some of their stuff is just rediculous. put a 24-7 hood next to a blowsion hood and tell me which is better.

What excuse for the Kenney Keepers? Are you the only moron in the world that has a problem with them? If you have a problem with Blowsions stuff call them and they will fix you up, probobally throw some extras your way to keep you happy.

sclevela

X-H2O
Paul said:
Ok, what is the excuse for kenny keepers then? That is a cnc product. it would be very easy to modify it in production so you dont have to grind half of it off when installing. I am a firm belever in haveing to tweak some things to a certain extent when installing, but some of their stuff is just rediculous. put a 24-7 hood next to a blowsion hood and tell me which is better.

um unless they are machining them for your specific ski and with your specific measurments then i would expect ud need to make some adjustments

junkman

nice weather=regret selin
Ya IM ok with doing some minor tweeking here in there to get parts to fit but its very frustrating since after all said and dont I think ive spent a TON on buying parts from them to have something so far off you cant even latch the hood and whats even worse is every single part from them seems to be like this. Kind of wish I would of looked into it further and purchased the stuff from some where else. But what can ya do I guess little learning experience I guess.

sclevela

X-H2O
remeber something any aftermarket part is made from using a few (at most) test skis for the purpose of fit and finish............ every company (including yamaha) has allowances for error..........its called an "acceptable tolerence" and/or "margin or error"........ now combine the original acceptable toleranc/margin of error for yamaha........... with all of the aftermarket parts bolted onto your ski......... wth the fact that u have made your own modifications in many forms..... and to be honest it is amazing anything would bolt up with no modifications

sclevela

X-H2O
junkman said:
Ya IM ok with doing some minor tweeking here in there to get parts to fit but its very frustrating since after all said and dont I think ive spent a TON on buying parts from them to have something so far off you cant even latch the hood and whats even worse is every single part from them seems to be like this. Kind of wish I would of looked into it further and purchased the stuff from some where else. But what can ya do I guess little learning experience I guess.

i think it was suggested ear;ier........... before u start cutting or grinding show some of the guys on this site taht have done this before some pics.........or call the company themselves to make sure u didnt overlook something

junkman

Yes I agree about posting pics before I grind as I could easily of overlooked something. And I truly hope that is the case and I will be the first to post im an idiot if thats the case I just got my camera back so Ill go get some pics. ITS FREAKIN HOTTER THAN SH*T today ahhhh my garage is steamin wish i could be riding.

Takeastand SJ

R.I.P. 8/9/2008
junkman said:
Yes I agree about posting pics before I grind as I could easily of overlooked something. And I truly hope that is the case and I will be the first to post im an idiot if thats the case I just got my camera back so Ill go get some pics. ITS FREAKIN HOTTER THAN SH*T today ahhhh my garage is steamin wish i could be riding.

Call or email Blowsion, they will fix your problem.

junkman

OK here is a pic of how much I would have to grind away. Let me know if you think that is too much I think so especially for the already weak enough handlepole mount area.

mike.jpg

junkman

ok here is another pic of the handlepole bracket not sure if the pic shows the difference in variance as much as in person but when you put the pole on it hits the side of the hood Id say the bracket is about a 1/8-1/4" off on one side I put on the stock bracket and it was equal on both sides.....................? Is this common too? Am I just trippin to hard over little things and just need to get my grinder out and grind away :) I just need the confirmation from someone that this is common haha. I think im gonna sell my ski and get a paddle boat
Thanks for any input
Nick

ski2.jpg

Superjet3

Waterlogged
Takeastand SJ said:
What excuse for the Kenney Keepers? Are you the only moron in the world that has a problem with them? If you have a problem with Blowsions stuff call them and they will fix you up, probobally throw some extras your way to keep you happy.
Wow! calm down killer! Apparently you dont own a set of kenny keepers... Or if you do you have the wonderful sound of your case bolts hitting it all the time. There is not one person that I know of that has been able to put in the keepers and not grind the ******** out of the port side. I practiacally had to grind the part that wraps around the mount about half as thick as it was. The concept of them is great, the design is a different story. Hey if you have yours on there and didnt grind them more props to you. You are definatly the first I have heard of.

Superjet3

Waterlogged
sclevela said:
remeber something any aftermarket part is made from using a few (at most) test skis for the purpose of fit and finish............ every company (including yamaha) has allowances for error..........its called an "acceptable tolerence" and/or "margin or error"........ now combine the original acceptable toleranc/margin of error for yamaha........... with all of the aftermarket parts bolted onto your ski......... wth the fact that u have made your own modifications in many forms..... and to be honest it is amazing anything would bolt up with no modifications
All the skis come from the same mold. I know the squares tend to sag a bit by the pole area but not a round. My 24-7 hood bolts up fine with no modification. As well as all the others I have seen... must be luck i guess. Blah im done bickering... have fun with your blowsion parts.

P

PancakePete

Anybody that bashes product here anymore will have ther posts deleted.
Lets get back on topic and give each other help. Not bash Companies.

This is going to get locked in a min !

junkman

please dont lock the post Pete, im just trying to get help mountting my stuff not bash......

P

PancakePete

junkman said:
please dont lock the post Pete

Word ! I just dont want to hear during the week that there is another company that thinks X-h2o is a bunch of Bashing bitter fighting people.

Between fights and bickering on this board, it needs to turn possitive.
Mods and Admins dont want to be nazi, but dont want to have companies hate us either ! :banghead:

junkman

Could'nt agree with you more. At the same time I am curious what the outcome will be when I call Blowsion tomorrow as I spent over $3,000.00 in just accesories and misc stuff for my SJ. I would hate to see someone else go threw the same headache if their product doesnt fit properly. Not to mention I spent a grip on the paint job If the hood ends up not fitting right and sealing and I end up having to buy another hood this could get expensive. Very frustrating.

P

PancakePete

junkman said:
Could'nt agree with you more. At the same time I am curious what the outcome will be when I call Blowsion tomorrow as I spent over $3,000.00 in just accesories and misc stuff for my SJ. I would hate to see someone else go threw the same headache if their product doesnt fit properly. Not to mention I spent a grip on the paint job If the hood ends up not fitting right and sealing and I end up having to buy another hood this could get expensive. Very frustrating.

Understood ! Just remember that our sport would be nothing without these companies making parts and puting that money right back into the sport.. I see your frustration, I think you should take it up with them and all should have respect for these guys ! Just asking for respect for them !
As well as you should not have so much problems... give them a shout, they would love to help !

Superjet3

Waterlogged
OK, Back on topic. What you can do is line up the hood on the hood seal so it will seal good all the way around. If you can position it so it will seal next check to see if your hood latch will allign properly. If it does, all you should have to to is fill the factory holes in the front for the hood hooks and drill new ones so the hood will be properly positioned. That should do it. You will be able to fix your problem with minimal paint damage. Good luck and let us know how it works.

Top Bottom