Unacceptable SURF boat mods - discuss

kraqus

Site Supporter
This Post is useless.
You guys do realized is all about rider's preference?
I shake my head EVERY TIME someone says this is better than that....yadda, yadda....

Safety! well that is another story.
Anything that diminishes your safety in the surf is a Big NO NO.

Benny

Tkmww

Tanner M.
Not having a fire ext. Because its sooo easy for us to take off our hood, that has brap straps, while in the surf to assist another boater. Water cop gave us an $80 dollar ticket for that crap. I told him a fountain would do a much better job than a fire ext. And if my boat was on fire I would sub it...he didn't buy it. We need a rich rider to take that to court and prove our theory correct so stand ups no longer require fire exts. What a world it would be...

Last edited:

wydopen

onthepipe
I run my pole a little tight.

And as for it being something that is bad for surfriding... Ross Champion runs his poles SUPER TIGHT!! Tight to the point that in about 5 minutes, you arms hurt from moving it haha And I would say he does quite well in the surf...

he would do better if it was looser...

Last edited:
Any flame arrestor other than stock...and for surf motor mounts you need CF, Couch or Rhaas...stock SJ motor mounts are unacceptable in my book.

Last edited:
I like my pole tight, i feel like a newb with it loose. But maybe i will try it out in the surf more with is looser and see if its better.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
The "loose/tight pole thing", to me, is a matter of personal preference.
I like the pole to move "with me" instead of having to consiously "move it". (if that's understandable)

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Keep in mind that "surf" includes those that work the waves as well as those that trick the peaks.
Both ride surf but have different needs. The flippers and rollers enjoy mods that are useless to a carver and vise versa.
Still searching for a tiger fur dealer.......plenty of tiger penis available out there, just not a lot of fur!

JamesG

Site Supporter
Extremely tight foot holds... unacceptable.

Others include...
Anything that screws with the electrical system in my opinion is unacceptable (ie. TL).
Scupper: could be debated.
Too much low end.
Smooth turf.
Dry Pipe.
No Waterbox.
Aggressive intake grate: could be debated.
No tray padding.
Small gas tank.
No tow loops.

Top Bottom