Unwanted visitors at the door!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanton

High on jetskis.
All religions (including being agnostic or athiestic) require some faith. What evidence do you have for your faith?

My evidence is that Jesus claimed he was God. And then he was crucified, died, and was buried. And on the third day he rose from the dead.

Can anybody top that? Anybody?
i guess i have faith that i cant always belive what im told? i havent came across any real evidence of that incident, but i dont look very hard.

It's amazing how many people are scared of Religion.......
what is that supposed to mean? this is exactly what im talking about, you are putting yourself above others.

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
i guess i have faith that i cant always belive what im told? i havent came across any real evidence of that incident, but i dont look very hard.

So you admit you can sometimes believe what you're told? One thing is sure, if you never seek, you will never find. I am certain that if you sincerely seek, you will find.

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
Let's talk about it.

"gain favor w/ god"??? that is so disturbing in so many ways you will never understand.

you are no smarter than a child looking under his bed for the boogie man...

O.K., it's disturbing. Cancer is disturbing. Crime is disturbing. Calling it disturbing doesn't disprove it.
I really don't care if you think I am smart or not, but I do care very much about this topic and I care very deeply about people who are without God in the world. I will be happy to discuss anything about it in a reasonable manner with you for as long as you like, one point at a time. If you will open your mind I think you will find there are good reasons to believe in God and in Jesus Christ.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
When I was a kid I was sleeping at a Friends house. The people living down the street were quite obnoxious Jehovah's Witnesses. (They came by weekly and didn't take no for an answer) His parents weren't home and we had a plan. We sat on the roof of his garage blaring "Shout at the Devil" out the window and shot bottle rockets at them as they came up the driveway.

Needless to say, he got grounded. It was well worth it.... ;) hehe

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
Wold Child, the answer to your misquote is, "the vast MINORITY". Doesn't that make you wonder?

The only thing I woder is how all you sheeple got suckered in so easily.

Wait a sec.... no I dont, i already know the answer to that question.

would you like me to get you some more Kool-Aid?

Swooperjet

Bring the brap!!
O.K., it's disturbing. Cancer is disturbing. Crime is disturbing. Calling it disturbing doesn't disprove it.
I really don't care if you think I am smart or not, but I do care very much about this topic and I care very deeply about people who are without God in the world. I will be happy to discuss anything about it in a reasonable manner with you for as long as you like, one point at a time. If you will open your mind I think you will find there are good reasons to believe in God and in Jesus Christ.
There is the problem. The religious people that think that they can and it's their duty to try and CHANGE other people's beliefs. If you believe so deeply, why can't you just accept that others believe deeply in a different way. Why do you have to try and make everyone else think the same way you do? If you have religion in your life and you're one with god.....shouldn't that be what you're concerned about? Why must you try and change other people's beliefs and the way their minds think? I was born, babtized, confirmed, and raised in a Christian household, but I'm not going to talk about my current stance on religion now that I'm an adult and have my OWN, rational views. That's MY BUSINESS. It's you people that try to preach your views and change people that don't want it, that get under everyone's skin and make you look foolish. Because you think that the more you talk about it to someone, the more they'll believe you. Who are you to try and program others to your way of thinking?:newangel:
Faith is faith. You can't make someone have faith in what you do if they don't really believe or feel the same way about this.

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
your entitled to your beliefs. Just don't trample on mine...... That is the only issue I have with people. I dont want someone pushing religion on me, nor do I want some one telling me that I am crazy for my beliefs (God, Jesus, Religion, etc etc). So, in other words I wont push my religious beliefs on you, So dont push your non-beliefs on me.

Swooperjet

Bring the brap!!
LOL! The DRAMA section, huh? That's funny. I might be slow, but I've never noticed this before.
That's funny Darin!! Good idea!:icon16:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
what is that supposed to mean? this is exactly what im talking about, you are putting yourself above others.

Actually no I am not. I dont care if you believe or not. That is your choice. Every time a religious thread gets started, you get more people who spend more time responding about everything that they think is wrong, false, or whatever is wrong with it. Pages upon pages of it. If they did not care, then why bother and spend the time to try and tell me that I am wrong. Believe, done believe. Makes no difference to me. I know where I stand.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
when was the last time a militant atheist
knocked on your door
and tried to talk you out of going to the church of your choice.
DOESNT HAPPEN!
atheistic don’t proselytize or start crusades or tell you how to live your life
I wish all the jesus freaks would do the same

Wolf Child

Just Another Octard
when was the last time a militant atheist
knocked on your door
and tried to talk you out of going to the church of your choice.
DOESNT HAPPEN!
atheistic don’t proselytize or start crusades or tell you how to live your life
I wish all the jesus freaks would do the same

YEAH!

stanton

High on jetskis.
So you admit you can sometimes believe what you're told? One thing is sure, if you never seek, you will never find. I am certain that if you sincerely seek, you will find.

not quite sure what your point is? but it reminds me of a tv program i watched just yesterday about the taboos in religions allover the world. people throwing themselves into trances to get taken over by spirits from the past to HEAL others. this is some disturbed stuff that most people will get thrown in the loony bin for. the only accountable success coincides with what would show on a placebo test. but the believers are in the mindstate that the more faith they have in the bloody violent act the better the outcome will be.
i see that all religions work on exactly the same principal, faith brings on reality. ie; placebo effect.
that brings on another story/point that a jetskiier-super-christian friend of mine told me. he was out riding his ski alone in the ocean, he was way out probly a mile or so, and his motor wont start. he prays and eventually the ski starts. was this the touch of god or did the fuel in his flooded motor evaporate enough to combust? since hes faith+1 of course he figured his prayer did the trick and saved his life. i on the other hand have had the same thing happen(mind i dont have nearly enough faith in any god to save me from nature so i wasnt alone or a mile out) and my ski started eventually w/o begging for help from the unknown.

why are considered mentally ill if you say youve spoken with god??
faith1.jpg

stanton

High on jetskis.
Actually no I am not. I dont care if you believe or not. That is your choice. Every time a religious thread gets started, you get more people who spend more time responding about everything that they think is wrong, false, or whatever is wrong with it. Pages upon pages of it. If they did not care, then why bother and spend the time to try and tell me that I am wrong. Believe, done believe. Makes no difference to me. I know where I stand.
good for you, BUT you did say how "scared of religion" people are. thus putting yourself ABOVE another because your not "scared"...

how would it feel if i told you i feel sorry for you because you need to use the religious crutch to make it through life?

i put myself above you.:newangel:

They are hittin my hood up hard lately. I may take sluttys advice.

Not answering the door is simply no fun at all.

Midlake Crisis

Site Supporter
I'm not going to try to force anything on anyone, and have no interest in exchanging insults. But I look for and welcome opportunities to discuss what I think is the most important thing in life.

I have carefully and thoroughly studied the claims of Christianity and have concluded that Christianity is true, and I am willing to rationally discuss the reasons for that conclusion with anyone who is willing to talk about it, in public or private.

I wish that every person on this forum would come to faith in Christ. I hate the fact that so many people are not only lost and don't know it, but won't even seriously consider whether or not the claims of Christ are true. I hate the fact that it has become so accepted to insult God or anyone who claims to believe in him.

So, while I am not going to try to force anything down anyone's throat, I am also not going to sit idly by when the topic of religion comes up and just watch as people mock God and march merrily down the road to Hell. God deserves much better, and he has offered much better to us.

That's why I think it is worth seriously talking about. Anybody want to move past the drama and get to the merits?

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
The only thing I woder is how all you sheeple got suckered in so easily.

Wait a sec.... no I dont, i already know the answer to that question.

would you like me to get you some more Kool-Aid?

Lol, yeah, some religious people I really wonder about too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom