Urethane motor mounts VS cold fusion motor mounts

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
My urethane mounts failed. I'll take pics when I get home. Robin from rhaas products said no problem replacing them!
His customer service is great! Mine broke on a failed flip from about 8 feet up. I think most anything would have failed.
I'd rather the mounts break than rip inserts out of my Freak!

All mounts should fail under extreme conditions. if they dont then damage to hull and insets in hull will happen. I have produced close to 800 mounts and have had less than 40 individual failures. That less than a 3% failure rate. Most of my failures came from a bad batch of material from a supplier i no longer use. My new material supplier runs internal quality checks and i run my own quality checks on every incoming batch of material. I also run a random sampling of product through the fatigue machine to press the failure point of the mounts.
I have customers that have been running the same set of mount for over a year when before they were replaciong them 4 times a year.
Most importantly if there is an issue i replace them free of charge, no questions asked.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
Heres a test video of the Cold-Fusion Billet Motor Mounts.... i think it should clear things up.... Ill just leave this here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Its all about the surf!
Heres a test video of the Cold-Fusion Billet Motor Mounts.... i think it should clear things up.... Ill just leave this here.

Damn Zack! Thats vids convincing! I heard through the grapevine that they do cause some excessive vibration, is that true?

KR

www.krlines.com
Damn Zack! Thats vids convincing! I heard through the grapevine that they do cause some excessive vibration, is that true?

John, when you rode my ski I had those mounts on. I honestly can't tell the difference in vibration vs. your boat. Jon, Mark, and Zack supposedly experienced vibration at first, but I didn't have that issue. And I don't think you noticed it either.

motoman96

Banned
Any idea where my urethane midshaft housing is that failed? Sent it back a few weeks ago an sent an email a few days ago. Still no response or eta on a replacement???

All mounts should fail under extreme conditions. if they dont then damage to hull and insets in hull will happen. I have produced close to 800 mounts and have had less than 40 individual failures. That less than a 3% failure rate. Most of my failures came from a bad batch of material from a supplier i no longer use. My new material supplier runs internal quality checks and i run my own quality checks on every incoming batch of material. I also run a random sampling of product through the fatigue machine to press the failure point of the mounts.
I have customers that have been running the same set of mount for over a year when before they were replaciong them 4 times a year.
Most importantly if there is an issue i replace them free of charge, no questions asked.

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter

not true. my protos had alot but carl and i looked at each other and said "softer". even though after about 3 rides they were great but we knew it wasnt going to be good for everyone. people would complain. i put in my second set that im still running and they had the same vibration as OEM aka nothing. now the new ones are stronger than my old ones with no vibration.

dont hesitate on them if you need mounts john. you wont be sorry.

your a good salesman zack!, can you still run kenny keepers with these mounts and do you recommend running them?, I broke mine last week so im pretty keen on these!

Tkmww

Tanner M.
I currently have GP mounts in my boat. Had to take my kenny keepers out because they didn't fit with those mounts. Anyone know a way to make that happen? Anyway, hit bottom hard enough to smash nose off and the engine didn't move. So I'm happy with them at the moment. But the CF ones look sweet! I'm loving the CF go pro mount for sure!!! Best insurance for your go pro to not go for a swim.

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
I will say that if you are considering buying Monkey Grips... don't. I installed a brand new set on Murdock's boat a few months ago. All 4 failed (top threaded insert just let go). A set of CF mounts is on the way.

I run GP mounts in my ski and haven't had one fail on me since. But.. I'm not pulling backies or anything near that yet...

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Just installed and fired up my motor with a new set of CF mounts. I thought they were going to be too hard Durometer wise, but so far the vibration seems normal. Ill have more info after the first ride and pancaked BF's :)

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
your a good salesman zack!, can you still run kenny keepers with these mounts and do you recommend running them?, I broke mine last week so im pretty keen on these!

thanks massey haha! kenny keepers are no longer necessary with these mounts. i havnt ran them since the protos. you should have seen how hard i hit the bottom last time i rode, flew over the bars pry 5 times and took the pole to the hip... that hurt! mounts are still good. you can sell the keepers to get more cash for the CF mounts ;)

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
wow Zack that was a great vid!!!! not too often you get to see any sort of testing at all....

think you could get carl to do that with a stocker and a GP mount just for kicks?

yeah the vid is pretty crazy. ill ask him! i dont think the stocks would even make it to 1/4 stretch...

motoman, yours is shipping early next week.

I have run similar static testing with similar elongation results. i have since changed to a fatigue test in order to give real life expectancy out of the mounts. The fatigue test has led me to change numerous details about the construction of the mounts in order to stretch the fatigue failure point. i now have the mount lasting 6 hours on the fatigue machine when stock and monkey grip mounts have only lasted 30-45 minutes at the most. heres the vid.

Top Bottom