Urethane motor mounts VS cold fusion motor mounts

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
I had the gen 1 rhass mounts in my FX1. All 4 sheared off at the base when I got t-boned by a boat. I talked to robin on the phone but no replacement offers were made. I also bought a set of the newer compound mounts for my X2. They feel much better than the first set I bought. Wish carl made fx1/blaster style mounts.

All existing mounts are simply rubber vulcanized to a smooth metal base. It looks to me like the Cold Fusion mounts have an irregular shaped insert which protrudes into the rubber (which is molded into/and vulcanized to the mounting surfaces giving them superior binding qualities. I'm going to try a set next time I'm in need.

X2 well said...I know that I will never buy oem sj mounts again, 4 new oem SJ ones lasted 7 months, the top plates rip off. If couch mounts fail then I will try one of these two products because I don't want to improve my wrenching skills just riding; the port side ones are not fun to change...

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
I had the gen 1 rhass mounts in my FX1. All 4 sheared off at the base when I got t-boned by a boat. I talked to robin on the phone but no replacement offers were made. I also bought a set of the newer compound mounts for my X2. They feel much better than the first set I bought. Wish carl made fx1/blaster style mounts.

the warranty is there, all you have to do is send them back to us and we will replace them. That is the warranty and how we have always expressed it to work.

Buckwild12

I'm moved by DASA power!
I don't personally know Robin, but his product is great, you can tell that he cares about what he is doing. I have an awful lot of cold fusion stuff on my boat also and I can say the exact same thing about those products! Its fine to like both!

I've ordered urethane mounts from robin due to the price. I think cold fusion have the advantage with billet base plate and rhaas with better price. The two seems very good product, more reliable than oem. Time will tell......

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
rode the new CF's all weekend, different feel, but it say first impressions are that they are fine in the vibration department

i had a set of the bad batch of CF mounts 2 broke 2nd time out the other 2 started coming apart soon after. i emailed Carl & was relly inpressed with his response, no messing about, im still waiting for them to arrive but at least i know the issues have been sorted. big thubs up to Carl & Cold Fusion

Sospikey

Trying to get upside down
Does anyone know if you get shims with the cold fusions? or can ya get a kit with diff size shims to sort it out?
Get the mounts from jetmaniac, he can most likelly set you up with a selection of shims at a great price as well.

i had a set of the bad batch of CF mounts 2 broke 2nd time out the other 2 started coming apart soon after. i emailed Carl & was relly inpressed with his response, no messing about, im still waiting for them to arrive but at least i know the issues have been sorted. big thubs up to Carl & Cold Fusion

when did you get your origional mounts? what color were they? zacks got me tripping lol

It looks like they are both great options at a good price. Both will have their pros and cons(or maybe just pros if we are all lucky). I personally am glad to see the competition between the two companies. Competition will keep each fighting to make their product better, and will also keep prices close.

Lets encourage, not discourage. Its forum members/companies like Rhass and CF that are helping make our hobbies more stress free!

Martin33

LIVE ACTION !
When I nose nosed in a backy in a few feet of water in the surf (bending my driveshaft at that) I broke two of my Rhaas mounts, somehow the other two stayed together. Called Robin, told him the story, I shipped out my old ones, and about 4-5 days later I had another set with no charge. Great product, great guy, great company to deal with....ill give him a 10 in my book

Daniel

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Rhaas has a great product, I had them in my last SJ, now I need a set of mounts and midshaft bearing housing for my FX-1 and I will be getting them from Rhaas. He has great customer service and prices, hes actually cheaper than the crappy no name mounts on ebay. Everything breaks and I have no problem with that as long as the producer of the product stands behind it.

Hey all, Will cold fusion replace broken mounts? two of my CF mounts lasted four rides over 6 weeks. If not, madscientist, Will you take two CF mounts for blanks?

Thanks

Top Bottom