Waterdawg...open Bash Session!!!!

Y

yamaslut

whats up Robert??? been a while bro...

bring your ass to daytona this year...

So everyone pull out your check books and write that $30K check real quick? WTF, no doubt the EME is the best, but who can afford it. :rolleyes:

yeah but look at it from the standpoint people would be willing to pay more for something they are going to get as and when promised and not waiting around on months "it will ship tomorrow, lemme get you a tracking #"

i use the analogy with cars. they are all made out of glass, metal, rubber and leather for the most part, but why do some cost more than the others and they both provide a means of transportation?

it's perceived or that added value you get as the consumer by paying more for something

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
So everyone pull out your check books and write that $30K check real quick? WTF, no doubt the EME is the best, but who can afford it. :rolleyes:

Let's see.....

$30k + 6-12 weeks lead time => one turn key, world champion boat, with a good name behind it.

OR.....

$12k + ????WTF???? lead time => just a motor, from a ???? well, a name.

All joking aside, the two products are apples and fries.
One is a turnkey boat, the other is a motor.

RiverRat

I rode the EME1000 this time last year and I must say that anything above the 1000 is almost just for bragging rights. I am sure it can and will be done but both the WDK1200 and EME1000 are serious boats. The EME is a complete package........hooks up, handles and feels like nothing I could ever dream up. If you put a 1200 in a SJ I would not expect it to be better than a EME by a long shot b/c of how refined the hook up and handling of the EME is. But, Just judging from video I would say that the WDK1200 is the only platform that is hanging up at the top with EME.

Once Jeff does some more refinement on the hook up and handling, I think both boats will be about par............but I still think the WDK1200 will have the EME beat in the reliablity and preactality area. After all it is still using a stock crank. Plus, I have heard that the 1000 needs to be torn down and rebuilt after around 30 hours. Where the ski clinic guys have been rocking their 1200's all season.

The whole point in kind of mute to me b/c I honestly could probably never afford either package. I also try to keep in mind that the EME has been in development since Malone was riding for Polaris and the WDK1200 just showed up this year. I am anxious to see what happens next for the WDK1200 b/c you can't deny that it is a serious contender.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Might want to check your sources... one engine blew and they have to tear town the top ends ever 2 months or so i belive...

Teardowns on 2 stroke motors that are built to the limit is nothing new, motocross guys have been doing this for ages, some every week if they are racing week after week.........

norcal ex

X-H2
Teardowns on 2 stroke motors that are built to the limit is nothing new, motocross guys have been doing this for ages, some every week if they are racing week after week.........

Oh, i was wasn't saying anything was wrong with it, but people were making it sound like these engines are bullet proof. a performance engine is a performance engine and it will require more maintenance no matter what.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Oh, i was wasn't saying anything was wrong with it, but people were making it sound like these engines are bullet proof. a performance engine is a performance engine and it will require more maintenance no matter what.

exactly...............

I paid the price in July............ crank bearing went out, took motor out. Crank was installed in fall of 2004.

nobodys fault but mine.......

we all take them for granted sometimes.

waterdawg

I know that everyone is bashing him, so
i decided to order something from him, to see if it is true on the horror experience. Not that I needed anything, but I said what the hell, I ordered a diablo hood kit, got a phone call 20 minutes later confirming my order, and received it 8 days later(east coast). I'm pleased.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
I didnt want to start a new thread about this, so I figured this would be as good of place as any.

Has anybody done C.O.D. with Waterdawg?
Jeff, do you do COD?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Top Bottom