Custom/Hybrid WCF Surf/ Rec hull, Wide bond rail hull project

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
well I am off again! I am all moved into my new house and can start this up again. I got 90% of all my parts in now, and I need to figure out a way to make my scupper tubes a bit smaller to fit the versiplugs in. I might mill or sand down some thicker PVC to act as a sleeve. But today I got the rails sanded down for glass. I am mounting the foam and glassing them tomorrow

c1eba8ff.jpg

2ab4a2bf.jpg

276dc865.jpg

a4d1f8e6.jpg

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
got to put some glass down today! hopefully when I pull the foam off it will look more like a rail, just waiting for the resin to cure now

2ed819b3.jpg

I Made a jig to help me sand and make sure everything was the same. I put a long razor blade on it to knock it down, then sand paper

365f7002.jpg

a339f17a.jpg

8fddbc5a.jpg

5a7b5e0c.jpg

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I think I have abandoned my dreams of glassing the rails, and I am going to go aluminum. I then have the option to change them out, and less work to make them. I did go crazy tonight and chopped the hull -2! I need to grind some more off, but the good news is I have dry foam!

c86179b5.jpg

69473225.jpg

a4532ad4.jpg

1431a1aa.jpg

bce23b7d.jpg

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
Foam!!! I sanded the rear some more, and since I'm not removing the tray, I grinded the sides down some to accept the new glass. I also fitted my scupper tube sleeves. Put some new ride plate inserts in and foamed the rear up so I can shape it, tomorrow, I glass!
More pics for anyone that is following.....

0d334f8c.jpg

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
got the rear done, and the bottom of the hull sanded ready for paint, not its time to work on the top. Also put my PFRacing pole on to see how it looks

898a4f83.jpg

eee90d0a.jpg

a1a85d90.jpg

d306aa27.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
the ski has been off to paint, and should be back any day! Here is a paint preview, and I Idea I have been paying with for the graphics.............

a58c35b9.jpg

c4518915.jpg

I setup my stock tank for internal fill. I took a heat gun and heated up the stock filler neck, and make the stock pickups fit in there. I bent the pickups a bit down, and I am using some fuel line and a clunk for a pickup now.

843b9ee6.jpg

and on a bummer note... I went to pull my motor out of my old hull, and it was toast! A mixture of salt water, retarted timing, and other stuff.

e2d955d9.jpg

3f4cd98e.jpg

d98be2d6.jpg

I talked to Jetmaniac, and he set me up with his motor guy Blue, and he took care of me, now I have a nice purdy motor that should do me good for awhile

3590fffd.jpg

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
got the hull back from paint! Looks sweat to me! My wife keeps calling it the silver bullet.............

923e2eb4.jpg

I got a used bored nozzle from Jetmaniac so I could still have the stock bilge with dual cooling

1acb0cd0.jpg

Spent all night shimming the pump and fitting everything. I also added a tow strap to the hull with a SS carriage bolt and some webbing to the hull so I dont have to worry about it, and it will be nice and clean

a808f45e.jpg

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I made a bunch of progress this week, and I hope to get it up and running by the end of this weekend! I got the motor installed with my urethane motor mounts, Kenny keepers, and motor straps. I just need to get replacement lord mounts. Pro-tech sent me the wrong ones :(

c63d1089.jpg

59fc4dc0.jpg

I got my PFRacing pole installed and I am digging it! I also got the WDC lowered pole mount, and brap/hood straps installed, and all of my cables run. I had to chop the WDC bracket down some to get it to fit, and open a bigger hole for my Jetmaniac BB throttle cable to fit in,

a14038e1.jpg

e403090c.jpg

1f7803a0.jpg

On the rear of the ski, I got both of the versiplugs installed, and I siliconed some stainless steal mesh in front of them to keep anything from blocking the hole. I also sunk in a SS U bolt into the deck so I have a nice place to tie the ski to the trailer/tow from if my other one fails. I dont like the idea of using the hole in the back to strap the ski down because if puts all of the load on the nozzle instead of the hull

02da931e.jpg

b482da89.jpg

Top Bottom