Wdk-1200 Failure!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROTATION

Why must I build it??????
Motor failed with about 4hrs on it, couldn't figure it out until I started cleaning up around the holes and saw how thin one area was. I then noticed some epoxy on the other cylinder in the same area, checked other motor and it had epoxy in the area that had failed on the 1st motor. Smeone obviously fell asleep on the job!!!!!!!!!!!:shooter3:
I have sent email with pics to chris and spoken to him on the phone, let us see what happens

Attachments

• No epoxy.JPG
    No epoxy.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 497
  • epoxy.JPG
    epoxy.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 350
Motor failed with about 4hrs on it, couldn't figure it out until I started cleaning up around the holes and saw how thin one area was. I then noticed some epoxy on the other cylinder in the same area, checked other motor and it had epoxy in the area that had failed on the 1st motor. Smeone obviously fell asleep on the job!!!!!!!!!!!:shooter3:
I have sent email with pics to chris and spoken to him on the phone, let us see what happens

I thought I read that you took the motors apart and did porting yourself without even running the motor? :wave

ROTATION

Why must I build it??????
Only enlarged the exhaust at the manifold to equal the area at the exhaust port. Will take pics of cracks in lower case and dinged conrod tomorrow, what else you want to see?
As a side note have ordered custom exhaust gaskets that will have the bolt holes reduced from 11mm to 9mm as the 66e cylinders use m10 bolts where-as the WDK uses m8 bolts, will centre gasket easier, the exhaust hole size will be 55mm circle as exhaust area equals 54mm circle.

Last edited:

#ZERO

Beach Bum
:bigeyes2: Dude, that sucks donkey balls!

Maybe it's just me but that looks stupid to put epoxy on the outside of the case like that. From the pictures it appears like that's where they may have bored the cases out to accept the over size sleeves. I would like to see some more pictures of the inside and outside of the case. :popcorn4:

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
Damn, Waterdawg SUCKS!! I'm mean, I've never heard of an engine blow up before :dunno:

If it's WD's falt, I hope they fix it (very quickly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom