What’s the biggest surf you’ve ever ridden in?

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Are you Serious or joking.:no:
half & half.

Whenever the waves are that sweet, ..............I don't ever remember having them to myself!

I don't mind giving room and sharing etc... but that vid was nothing but ski's, like a private, secret beach or something!

Waves that good would normally be swarmed with fleas!

vitaly

Анархия - мать порядка!
Nice to see ya on here Caker. How big was that cold day at the Jersey Rager with the rain and chit? It's been awhile so I forget....
At most 6-7' (well, maybe up to 10'), windy, about 65 degrees air and the water.

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
At most 6-7' (well, maybe up to 10'), windy, about 65 degrees air and the water.

Most people didn't ride that day...

Water was warm...but the air was wayyyy colder than 65. Maybe a different year Rager? The wave height sounds about right....Most people didn't go to the outer breaks, but wayyy out there, they had 10'foot faces for sure... I have vid of that day somewhere.

Last edited:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
18-23 footers on Lake Erie tonight!

Today: southeast winds to 30 knots becoming southwest and increasing to gales to 45 knots this afternoon. Occasional rain showers. Occasional snow showers this afternoon. Waves 4 to 6 feet building to 13 to 17 feet.
Tonight: southwest storm force winds to 50 knots diminishing to gales to 45 knots overnight. Occasional snow showers. Waves 18 to 23 feet.

Frosty

New York Crew
18-23 footers on Lake Erie tonight!

Today: southeast winds to 30 knots becoming southwest and increasing to gales to 45 knots this afternoon. Occasional rain showers. Occasional snow showers this afternoon. Waves 4 to 6 feet building to 13 to 17 feet.
Tonight: southwest storm force winds to 50 knots diminishing to gales to 45 knots overnight. Occasional snow showers. Waves 18 to 23 feet.

It's nuts up here right now... temps are dropping... windy as hell with higher winds expected later and lake effect snow coming.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Yeah, you guys get all the great powder up there....

Holiday Valley should get pounded with snow. Wish I could get up there to ski some trees.

Frosty

New York Crew
They've been making snow for over a week now too, and plan to open this week. Perfect timing with the heavy lake effect coming. They are calling for 1 - 2' in ski country by Friday.

DangerBoy

Runs with scissors
Site Supporter
Sacking up now, will be bigger this afternoon

super clean right now with only 3-5 kt wind:cheer::cheer:

Little Rincon/Mussel Shoals
Ventura Harbor

SURF/SWELL Wednesday 12/9 10:00 am
SURF:
13-18 ft
SURF : SWELL
•13-18 ft @ 18 sec

Best Swell Direction: S, SW, W, WNW

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
Sacking up now, will be bigger this afternoon

super clean right now with only 3-5 kt wind:cheer::cheer:

Little Rincon/Mussel Shoals
Ventura Harbor

SURF/SWELL Wednesday 12/9 10:00 am
SURF:
13-18 ft
SURF : SWELL
•13-18 ft @ 18 sec

Best Swell Direction: S, SW, W, WNW

uuuuugggggggghhhh i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agua

FIshing for Stand ups
never anything too big on my ski but once comen in on my 21 foot boat i was 1-2 miles from one of the major bridges around here and in the trench i couldent see anything but water and raining clouds in the sky

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I get uncomfortable after 5-7 or 7-9, then it's just running away time. biggest I have ever been in was 9-11's on lake erie and what ever you call that wind driven slop from last year Sat morning in Daytona.

Last edited:

StandupEd

Eddie would Tow
Can’t recall the exact size but I can recall the day, December 31st 2006 back break at Tierra Del Mar. The waves were smooth, powerful, fast moving 20 footers on that day………they’ve grown to 25’ over the years. Maybe in a few more years they become 30’ but I don’t think I’ll have the balls……….to tell a lie THAT BIG!!

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
I'd have to say somewhere in the 8' to 10' range during a hurricane, maybe a bit bigger. Not much fun, really. We have a nice area in our pass that the waves can be 8' to 10' close to Shell Island and they taper down in size towards the middle of the pass. It's really nice since you can pick the size of the waves you want to ride and it's calm in the middle for when you want to take a break.

half & half.

Whenever the waves are that sweet, ..............I don't ever remember having them to myself!

I don't mind giving room and sharing etc... but that vid was nothing but ski's, like a private, secret beach or something!

Waves that good would normally be swarmed with fleas!

FPD,

the reason he had it to himself is that when the conditions are like that there, which is essentially a beach break there are epic conditions to be had at a number of point breaks to the south ( where the world surf tour event is held) that are packed as well as other tow in locations around the area but yeah that day it was like that for probably 20miles of beach north & south, we hit it 2 days before the vid on a sunday I think there were 3 or 4 of us had it to ourselves. tough I know

Matty

Top Bottom