What’s the biggest surf you’ve ever ridden in?

R

ridethelip

Lot's of miles out of that madmat deal. Here's mine :
He does not need sunscreen cuz he's shacked all the time.

Have to add. Sucks I missed the last thread. been baby busy. couple weeks left.

Superjett and some other will vouge for me. they have seen me ride big stuff like it was little.

Biggest I surfed (surfing, no ski) 20-22 foot face, Hurrican Hugo I was like 16 I think. 96 ??? Id have to look.

I paddled out, took about 45 mins. and by the time i was out, i was 6 blocks away from where i started. i was whooped.
took one wave. caught so much speed. i almost washed out the whole way.
Nope. you could not pay me to do that again.

Most get wave sizes wrong. HERE east side. we get 5-6 footers are really like 8 foot faces...

So a 20 face maybe catogorized as a 15' wave. so as for that last thread..

Riding big on a ski. id say about the same. 20' maybe 25' face...
couple hurricanes we have had... and scares the :):):):) out of you.. you ride it and then get the hell out of there. no ripping it up, no backys.

just look back and say :):):):)KK !

then out.
Niagra was narly too. id say close to the same scary.. close. tad less.

big stuff is not fun. its a rush but most is un-ridable.

my two cents in between working.

R

ridethelip

2004 Eddie Bruce Irons 100

What a crowd pleaser as he pulled into that glory tube.Amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Nice to see ya on here Caker. How big was that cold day at the Jersey Rager with the rain and chit? It's been awhile so I forget....

Have to add. Sucks I missed the last thread. been baby busy. couple weeks left.

Superjett and some other will vouge for me. they have seen me ride big stuff like it was little.

Biggest I surfed (surfing, no ski) 20-22 foot face, Hurrican Hugo I was like 16 I think. 96 ??? Id have to look.

I paddled out, took about 45 mins. and by the time i was out, i was 6 blocks away from where i started. i was whooped.
took one wave. caught so much speed. i almost washed out the whole way.
Nope. you could not pay me to do that again.

Most get wave sizes wrong. HERE east side. we get 5-6 footers are really like 8 foot faces...

So a 20 face maybe catogorized as a 15' wave. so as for that last thread..

Riding big on a ski. id say about the same. 20' maybe 25' face...
couple hurricanes we have had... and scares the :):):):) out of you.. you ride it and then get the hell out of there. no ripping it up, no backys.

just look back and say :):):):)KK !

then out.

my two cents in between working.

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
Nice to see ya on here, Caker. How big was that cold day at the Jersey Rager with the rain and chit? It's been awhile so I forget....

I agree on the Niagara being gnarley... :rocketwhore:

The Penguin

triple secret probation
this was posted on another site I frequent:

article-0-07835EF1000005DC-32_964x570.jpg

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Hurricane Bill at the spot, was about 15-17 feet at peak
That might be a bit overstated. It was bigger than anything I've been on a ski in though.

Faces were 10-12' I think. Clean up sets were 12-14 on the face.

Waves are generally reported by the size on the back. Which is a little more than half.

What amazes me about that day is: 40-50 skis out there, multiple helmet cams, but no shots or vids that do the surf justice!

And: at the spot, it is almost useless to try to take pics or vid from shore. (unless you have equipmment on loan from NASA!

I know one thing for sure---------If the pic Penguin posted (post 95) happened here, I'd be modestly watching from the safety of my beer-soaked chair on the beach!

Last edited:
the biggest ive ever ridden was probably 18' ish.... too big to do anything but survive but i love the rush of having such a huge wall of water right on your ass.

the biggest waves ive ever seen in person was like 12 or so years ago. me and a buddy picked a marina to launch at near th bay area....we had no idea where we were going. drove two hours and when we got there the waves were 30-45' ish. it was the mavericks break and they were having the quicksilver cup that weekend. here we were, two kids on 550's with no helmets and my dumbass left my lifevest at home. of course we couldnt ride anywhere too close to the break, but just being out there and seeing guys ride these waves close up was exciting.

dj, that nasty rager my guess on some of the outside sets was tops double overhead.

so id say like 9-12 ft. and 1.5 to 2 overhead outside.

Here they measure back of wave and the face is usually alot bigger

Top Bottom