Other What did you fab up today? A thread for the home fabricators!

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
a64e1b82b374f10bc48789ba595a5647.jpg

Started building a crate last night to ship my ski to a few IFWA tour stops. Hoping to get it finished tonight. Just picked up some more gas for the welder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, you're not messing around. That's going to be built to last. Would hate to have to pick it up though.

eastcoastjumper

James
Site Supporter
Wow, you're not messing around. That's going to be built to last. Would hate to have to pick it up though.

So far it's really light and my end goal is to make it 150-200lbs. The crates Gomez and Abraham have loaded weigh around 800. I'd like to save some $ shipping so we will see how this works out. If it's too heavy I'll build another out of aluminum down the road. I'm running a little short on time before heading to Portugal so I'm just trying this first.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Picked up a screen room for the toy hauler and built it in a few weeks ago. Fit perfect for a $150 craigslist find. $200 total with hardware.

Roof is 13 feet. Room measures 12.5x7. It's a perfect fit.

image.jpg

Inside. Spent another $40 and got a super slick awning track that holds the wall and the rope lights. I feel like one of those richers with the fancy awnings.

image.jpg

Dog stole my hammock! Has sun/rain panels too.

image.jpg

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
So the skirt that came with the room was no where near fitting. Came off a much smaller (lower) trailer and my wheel wells are huge too.

Making due...

image.jpg

But I'm building a custom skirt. $50 in fabric, $10 thread, $25 zippers, $30 hardware.

Making the panels.

image.jpg

Have the Left and middle panels connected. The tops are sewn solid. The bottoms are zippers that are connected after the middle section is tucked through the stairs.

image.jpg

Close up

image.jpg

Still have to connect the middle and right panels, add the hardware to hold it to the trailer, and add zippers to the ends and to the room so it all connects together. Projects aren't moving very fast with the baby.

1e90a15cef599b8b4a6d1203c9a7d866.jpg

Today at work we turned a 53' semi trailer into a makeshift paint booth so we can paint new parking lot barriers safety yellow with an airless gun system. The barriers 5" steel pipe, 4' height x 28' length. With 22.5" steel wheels as the base stand.

1e90a15cef599b8b4a6d1203c9a7d866.jpg

Today at work we turned a 53' semi trailer into a makeshift paint booth so we can paint new parking lot barriers safety yellow with an airless gun system. The barriers 5" steel pipe, 4' height x 28' length. With 22.5" steel wheels as the base stand.
My wife is a badass btw

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
That "oil catch" looks enough like a something else that you probably shouldn't associate with ammo. NSA might be knocking on your door soon.

I said the same thing when he took it out of the car to hand to me in a public parking lot, lol. I immediately threaded the caps off it and handled them separately.

swapmeet

Brotastic
You just turned that wrench and set it down next to the job, so you thought. Did it fall to the ground? Did it fall into the job? No, you didnt hear it fall. Maybe its in the house, just got water. Not near the sink, not near the cabinet. Maybe the bathroom? No, not there. The phone rang, maybe you left it in that room. No, not there either. Oh, maybe you set it on the ground by the job. Not there either, so frustrating. Could you have been silly and put it IN the fridge? Go check, not there. Maybe you washed your hands after using the bathroom, now that wouod be strange, but you could have set it next to the sink. Nope, not there, mist not ahave washed your hands after all. Oh wait, now you remember, you definitely sat it on the ground, and ypu must have kicked it on accident. Now your wondering around the yard, now into the street, still no luck. You check all the same rooms again, 3 more times each, 4 in the kitchen, under things, on top of things, inside things you havent even opened in months. Where could it be...

You check the tool chest, and thee it is, nice and neat between the 9mm and 11mm, just whre it belongs. All that zearching for no reason, a complete waste.

You could remind yourself to always put things right back whre they belong, and check there first, but youre a mechanic, and that means youre a glutton for punishment, so instead of being reasonable, you swear youll never put things back whee they belong, because that will avoid this problem of not finding it somewhere else sooner.

And youll be successful following through on this, just like that time you swore not to wash your hands, because last time you lost a wrench it was next to the sink. But you looked next to the sink anyway, because youre a mechanic, and you do stupid shi like this all the time.

I found a small home depot bag with carriage bolts and associated nuts and washers in the door of the freezer in our garage about a month ago. I know what I bought them for, and I know I bought them over a year ago and just procrastinated about doing said project.... but how they ended up in the effing freezer is beyond me. It's terrifying actually, cause now I have to add that to the list of places I look for lost shyt.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Finally found a use for some of the extruded 20/20 I've had stashed in the attic.

Loving the new dual 18" fans in this 90 deg weather.

4845a33ac4f719a4e06ba4b64163b389.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom