Other What did you fab up today? A thread for the home fabricators!

Hins anyone?
ea8034da4ee1beac62dd27a347cfe6a5.jpg

16dbfd6f312787e3bde860210c0937d1.jpg

ed1597627152d7d72012a68bdaf80077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Rather than throw away good material, I’m taking the next couple months to work through all the material in my attic and turn it into the actual project it was meant for.

Today’s project was to turn 250 feet of 80/20 extruded aluminum into the start of an enclosed housing for my milling machine.upright.jpeg

OCD Solutions

Making progress on my mill enclosure.

Trying out some 1/2” PVC sheet material as a liner. I’ll upgrade to aluminum some day down the road but I wanted a cheaper option for the first version in case I need to make any major design changes.

I would love to be able to run flood coolant in the cabinet at some point.

3dd3d46c5ee704dfdc963999d9b3eb9f.jpg

3ca4eb520e4581a981c1da5a554a6743.jpg

750db261cd46ad185a4a76411e6c5906.jpg

a2485dba8073935f98091062b40d43a8.jpg

hydrostyler

X-
Site Supporter
Today was a good day.

All that’s left is to mount and plumb the fogging system and cut out the base piece.

And then I get to go through a bunch of alignments...

49e6cfcf17046b61e66125b4bcb82e86.jpg
You can do a lot of cool stuff with 80/20. We use it at work to build roof racks, bumper mounts, and trunk shelves for our autonoumous vehicles. I'm going to build a nice beach dolly when I get some free time.

OCD Solutions

Just finished building some garage speakers and a sub. The speakers were from a kit, sub was from an internet design by the same guy that designed the speaker cabinets. I'm now hooked on DIY audio and now looking to build more and bigger speakers!

Those look like Klipsh speakers.?.?.?

I'm debating doing in-ceiling speakers or making brackets for my current Bose speakers in the new garage. We have close neighbors so I'm thinking that speakers facing down may prevent the sound from travelling out of the garage.

I had 15" 3-way auditorium speakers in my last shop but I didn't have any neighbors to worry about back then. :cool:

smoofers

Rockin' the SQUARE!!!!
Site Supporter
Those look like Klipsh speakers.?.?.?

I'm debating doing in-ceiling speakers or making brackets for my current Bose speakers in the new garage. We have close neighbors so I'm thinking that speakers facing down may prevent the sound from travelling out of the garage.

I had 15" 3-way auditorium speakers in my last shop but I didn't have any neighbors to worry about back then. :cool:
If you look at the album I provide links to the stuff I used. The drivers are HiVi and Dayton Audio. The finished pair sounds like something you'd pay a lot more for in a store. They're perfect for a garage if you have enough power for them.

Nice hand warmers. I appreciate the use of oetiker clamps as well.

Do you run a separate outlet from the cylinder head to feed them?

Thanks, and no I just tapped into the line off the headpipe going to the stinger. We'll see how much flow the bigger (3/8") line has compared to what I had before but I may end up putting an adjustable valve in the line for the pisser to create optimal flow. (Or maybe block it off completely using the hand warmers as the pisser in cold weather)
d997a991b8e3f98bee30dafddf7430d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not fabed anything today but I am desperate need help from a Machine guru here making a custom aluminum adaptor conversion plate for exhaust system, as well as some cutting/milling off the existing head pipe , which is super easy and fast if you know what you are doing, if you have machining capabilities and possibly are interested after trial run of some parts taking these up into your inventory for sale please be so kind and PM me...

I will explain the project via PM , I will be sending all parts asap and my model for initial run

Thank you

Chris

Helping a friend with her kawi 1100 HX - Had been having issues with fuel delivery and I found the pickup not wanting to pull fuel even with fresh rebuilt 47mm carbs. I machined this small piece out of aluminum to have 3 dedicated feeds, 1 return and a vent in the center. Was pretty easy to do and just thought I'd share for anyone needing ideas in the future. Used a press in pulse fitting for the vent and used 1/8 NPT x 1/4" Barb for all the other fittings. @JetManiac has all of the barb fittings, press in fitting, fuel clunks and fuel line in stock. Made it easy to get everything from one place after I machined the aluminum piece!

2 by Ricky Hinch, on Flickr

3 by Ricky Hinch, on Flickr

4 by Ricky Hinch, on Flickr

5 by Ricky Hinch, on Flickr

6 by Ricky Hinch, on Flickr

7 by Ricky Hinch, on Flickr

8 by Ricky Hinch, on Flickr

9 by Ricky Hinch, on Flickr

10 by Ricky Hinch, on Flickr

11 by Ricky Hinch, on Flickr

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I have not fabed anything today but I am desperate need help from a Machine guru here making a custom aluminum adaptor conversion plate for exhaust system, as well as some cutting/milling off the existing head pipe , which is super easy and fast if you know what you are doing, if you have machining capabilities and possibly are interested after trial run of some parts taking these up into your inventory for sale please be so kind and PM me...

I will explain the project via PM , I will be sending all parts asap and my model for initial run

Thank you

Chris

I am sure there is a shop in Reno where you can rent machine time? We have one in chico that has cnc, 3d printers, lathes etc and you pay by the hour to use the shop.

Top Bottom