What did you wrench on today?

Myself

manic mechanic
I checked out a Seadoo GSX and Ultra 130di that looked like they were pulled out of an old barn or something. Hadn't been tagged since '07!!
I checked out an Ultra 150 that runs fine on the trailer but bogs in the water.......dead rear cylinder.
Then I cleaned an oily mess of filth out of a Polaris Virage, rebuilt the carb, and replaced all the oil and fuel lines.
I also worked my forearms out a bit with bottles of water cause the heat index was 109* today!!

be_lain

Currently sending it
Finished up my crusty square today. Lake tomorrow!
8e6cd730aeb25f020b9616db2c550d68.jpg

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I checked out a Seadoo GSX and Ultra 130di that looked like they were pulled out of an old barn or something. Hadn't been tagged since '07!!
I checked out an Ultra 150 that runs fine on the trailer but bogs in the water.......dead rear cylinder.
Then I cleaned an oily mess of filth out of a Polaris Virage, rebuilt the carb, and replaced all the oil and fuel lines.
I also worked my forearms out a bit with bottles of water cause the heat index was 109* today!!
It was hot as hell yesterday up here in Eureka!

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Just working on my stuff today , firing off a 97 GTX sales ski I got last year and I just rebuilt the starter solenoid on my STS 750 personal ski , we are going riding later today , screw this working stuff, I have to say these solenoids are great , Kawasaki got at least one thing right on their skis.

Myself

manic mechanic
Then I started in on this GTi and Polaris SLH. There is just SOOOooo much going on with this GTi. Started with taking off the pump to replace wear ring. 2 lockwashers and one regular washer missing from the mounting studs. Then I get it off and find some sort of hard type glue???? Maybe some gorilla or elmers? And check out where they missed stabbing the impeller!! And then apparently kept trying to run it cause that's a DEEP gouge! And I start pulling the carb and the whole flame arrestor is loose with mounting bracket bolt broken off in the head. And then I find this awesome rigged choke cable. And I happen to notice this nice throttle cable routing LOL! And all of this doesn't even take into account some jerry rigged fuel lines, missing hardware, and incorrect hardware that's NOT stainless. To be fair, current owner bought them this way for cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_2943.JPG
    IMG_2943.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2947.JPG
    IMG_2947.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2945.JPG
    IMG_2945.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2944.JPG
    IMG_2944.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2946.JPG
    IMG_2946.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2942.JPG
    IMG_2942.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 15

WFO Speedracer

I worked on a GP 800 last year , the dude ran electric fence wire for the trim cable , I replaced the pump assy because the wear ring was toast and I had the carbs off repairing them, he started raising hell about something and I put the carbs back on it and told him to come get it and BTW you owe me $400.00 , he paid up and left and later wanted me to rebuild the carbs, that's when I told him I have a one time rule, you can raise hell and pick up your stuff before it is finished one time, there won't be a second time, I assure you !

FIRST TIME , SHAME ON YOU, THE SECOND TIME SHAME ON ME.

WFO Speedracer

The STS is purring like a kitten, she ain't all that purdy but chrome won't get you home . I did do a repaint -returf and new graphics on the hood-upper cowling last year , i haven't gotten around to stitching up a new seat cover and handlebar cover yet. I need to do those, footwell pads and repaint the rear grab bar and the rub rails most likely with SEM vinyl dye.

Not too shabby for super low budget build , I think I have maybe $100 in the ski so far, I am not counting the battery I just put one in ride the ski then sell the battery lol .

No water fun today I hear the thunder booming outside, it is what it is.

Attachments

• image000000 - 2024-07-05T175954.569.jpg
    image000000 - 2024-07-05T175954.569.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Nice, I've got to look into a no reverse for my buddies 700r4. I built it for him 11 years ago and then it just sat. I think it's probably just a stuck valve or something.

I’ve been in a 700R4 but it’s been years. This is out of my cow chasing pickup.

Myself

manic mechanic
Today I cleaned and reassembled the exhaust pipe for a GSX Limited project of mine. Then put on the carbs, power valves, etc, and actually fired it off. Ready to test ride!

Attachments

• IMG_2951.JPG
    IMG_2951.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2952.JPG
    IMG_2952.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2953.JPG
    IMG_2953.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 15
For the first time in to many years to count I disassembled a JS 550 carb. On a machine that had been stored indoors since 02. Just began the fuel system drill in hopes that my 13 year old will enjoy it as much as out offroad 2 stroke machines.

Myself

manic mechanic
I tore down a Seadoo 951 Di today. And cleaned up the filthy bilge.

Attachments

• IMG_2957.JPG
    IMG_2957.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2971.JPG
    IMG_2971.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2959.JPG
    IMG_2959.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2972.JPG
    IMG_2972.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 16

Myself

manic mechanic
It appeared to have been spewing a bit of fuel in that area......at least that's what I believe that was. Awesome cleaner from the Dollar Tree diluted 1:1 with water. Spray it, let it sit a few minutes, spray it again, give it another minute, wash it out with the cheapo electric power washer. I also use Zep purple degreaser with Awesome and water mixed 1:1:1 for cleaning stuff. I simply CAN NOT stand a dirty bilge or underhood of a vehicle.

Top Bottom