What did you wrench on today?

Myself

manic mechanic
I checked out (and cranked on) a flooded WaveVenture 1100.
I checked out a '93 Seadoo GTS........has a low end knocking noise......not worth fixing.
Checked out a SUPER CLEAN '97 Seadoo GTi that's been sitting for 2 years.
Looked at a '99 Seadoo Gti that's not rinning right and dying.......exhaust manifold bolts have rattled loose. Somebody has had it off before and I see some hardware store zinc bolts.
Finally, I looked at a '96 Seadoo GSX that ran great for 40 minutes and then started surging. Don't know, gonna have to lake test that one.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Working on a 951 GTX DI , it's way to damn hot to be messing around with this aggravating friggin ski right now , I cut all my hair off this morning in an effort to stay somewhat cool , even with my Mission cooling hat so far it isn't working .

I am trying to get the upper exhaust bracket that's connected to the cylinder back on and it's kicking my ass, there is absolutely no room to work in there , I should have put it back on before the motor went in but alas I didn't and now I am paying for it.

Luckily all I have left is to hook up the oil line on the oil pump , bleed the system out and reinstall the exhaust , I say that's all I have left, I don't really know because I have never seen this ski actually run before , it came in with no compression on both holes so who knows what else I am going to find here once the motor will tick over again.

Update I finally got it , one of the holes was buggered up, I tried starting just a bolt in there and no go, so I tried starting a tap into the threads , it didn't want to go either but finally I got it started and with the tap and a small wrench got it tapped out, after pulling the injector rail back off I was able to get it started in the hole and tightened down .

These 951's are funny you leave everything basically loose except for that one pipe mount , then get the pipe situated and start tightening everything down gradually , kind of a b!tch !.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Working on 951’s is an art and challenge
951's are easy , now 951DI's are a whole different story . I am taking the day off , I have had enough of this ski for this week , even though I might be able to finish this ski up and get it back to the customer by Monday it requires too much effort on my part and apparently none on theirs .

The ski has no current registration which means two very important things , first off I am not test riding it during the weekend and risking getting a ticket and secondly he won't be able to ride it on Labor day anyway so why am I busting a$$ ?

What I am doing is taking a ski over to the river for a family gathering , I am turning 61 in a few weeks I have to seriously think about how many more of these there are going to be 20-25 maybe , I have given to this business and these customers too much of my life already , I don't want to miss out on life anymore .

Last edited:

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
951's are easy , now 951DI's are a whole different story . I am taking the day off , I have had enough of this ski for this week , even though I might be able to finish this ski up and get it back to the customer by Monday it requires too much effort on my part and apparently none on theirs .

The ski has no current registration which means two very important things , first off I am not test riding it during the weekend and risking getting a ticket and secondly he won't be able to ride it on Labor day anyway so why am I busting a$$ ?

What I am doing is taking a ski over to the river for a family gathering , I am turning 61 in a few weeks I have to seriously think about how many more of these there are going to be 20-25 maybe , I have given to this business and these customers too much of my life already , I don't want to miss out on life anymore .
Feel you on this wfo! Turning 68 end of sept. l try to only 3 days a week now. Gave my life to the car business for 30 plus years. Tired of the stealership bs and sales people. l know, you know..

Top Bottom