Other What does Everyone do for a Living???

kraqus

Site Supporter
Do what you like, and learn to make a living that way.
I've been in jobs that I hate for six years, and it's no way to live.

That is absolutely, irrefutably, unquestionably TRUE...
Someone told me this once and it struck a cord with me ever since...

To achieve happiness...

A day has 24 hours and can be broken down as followed as we spend 8 hours on each of these every day (more or less)

1. The Bed:
Buy the best bed you can find. Spend BIG when it comes to your bed.....remember, you are going to spend 1/3 of your life on it.

2. Work:
Do what you love and love what you do. This is the other part of your life that you MUST tune well to achieve happiness. Get up in the morning and go to work with a smile on your face. Nobody is saying you become a clown as there will be bad days but overall the experience has to be one that brings joy to your life.

3. The House:
Live in a place you love, a place you like the neighborhood. Take care of your house that your house will take care of you. This is your Kingdom, your safe place where you come back each day from the stresses of life to recharge. This is where you provide to your Family and raise your offspring.

The rest is icing on the cake......
:djsmilie:

Benny

Indyxc

Worst Freestyler Ever!
I am a Manufacturing Engineer for GM for the 4T65. (4-spd FWD transmission that goes into the Impala only now).

I work on the assembly process for the valve body, for the torque converter, a couple sub assemblies, and the final assembly, as well over see the final tests of the transmissions.

Also turn wrenches when UAW people aren't looking. :fingersx:

Last edited:

Cannibal

Tasty Human
CONGRATS on landing that Job!
They just let go 150 people at my job last week....

Benny

Thanks!

Went in and took the UA today.

The company is a well established company that built a brand new facility here. They are hiring 4 people and I'm #1. The terminal manager is my old shift supervisor from the BioDiesel plant. It's nice to know people.

Sucks for those 150 people. That's for sure. Our county is very industrious, so our unemployment rate is around 14% right now. I had 2 yrs of unemployment benefits I could have milked. I'd rather be working.

I love that in free countries you can just up and change careers completely. Imagine if you were tested and assigned a position or class for life. You can be rich here one day and broke the next or the other way around maybe too.

I am on my third career...all completely different in every way.

I have always dove head first in to new opportunities.

That is absolutely, irrefutably, unquestionably TRUE...
Someone told me this once and it struck a cord with me ever since...

To achieve happiness...

A day has 24 hours and can be broken down as followed as we spend 8 hours on each of these every day (more or less)

1. The Bed:
Buy the best bed you can find. Spend BIG when it comes to your bed.....remember, you are going to spend 1/3 of your life on it.

[y

Dude....sleep # is some of the best money I have ever spent.....

Dude....sleep # is some of the best money I have ever spent.....

I concur! Some people like it and some hate it but it is the most comfortable bed ever. When my ass dent starts to get too big I blow it up a little bit and start all over. :bananapowerslide:

When it's my turn to take a dirt nap I want my bed fitted into my to my box.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
we dont drink beer on the X. Beer is bad. drinking beer often leads to people doing things that they otherwise wouldnt or shouldn't. such as premarital sex, girls kissing other girls, worshiping satan or other such activities that are strongly frowned upon by the X-h2O staff.

Please refrain from consuming beer or any other of the activities listed above as they are bad and should be discouraged.

Damn none of that stuff happens at my house when I drink beer ,must only happen in Flawed duh.:stups:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I work as an Obama promoter,thats all I do from 6:00 am in the morning till 8:00 pm every night is promote Obama,there are many of us doing this same job every day,how do you think he got that Peace prize,thats right it was because of promoters,we damn good at what we do.

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
I rebuild crashed airplanes for a living!

After I rebuild them, I fly them until there sold.

Also buzz my buddy's at the riding spot & transport my ski to xscream!

IKSTEJ

BOGIE
Test Pilot for all things XSCREAM, And XMETAL.
Its tuff .... but, believe it or not ....... I freakin love my job :)

Oh yea....
I've been around the machining, metal fab, and welding stuff for damn near 30 years. started and still run www.exometalfab.com 17 years ago.

Started http://www.all-bright.com/ about 12 years ago, my nephew and I are partners it that now.

ksmith83

( o Y o )
Graduated college Dec 09. Been looking for something to do with my major and is somewhat local. Thursday i applied to Sony Computer Entertainment America. I interned with them last summer. Got an email back later that night saying they might have a position for me....hopefully find out monday....Sony Playstation baby!!!

in the mean time im a server.

Top Bottom