Other What does Everyone do for a Living???

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
I am an easy-going trucker and a great fist-fighter. With two friends - Orville, who promotes prize-fights for me, and Clyde, the orangutan I won on a bet - I roam the San Fernando Valley in search of cold beer, country music and the occasional punch-up.

Which-Way-But-Loose-gal-431.jpg

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Got out of golf course management 11 yrs ago (way too much stress and not enough pay) to do landscape maintenance. Been doing that for the past 11 yrs. 2 yrs ago a buddie of mine and I put our businesses together. It's a total freak show, but it's working nicely. His end includes, carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning / resealing, air duct system servicing and cleaning, flood renovation. And I just picked up a trailer and 5 roll-off dumpsters instead of getting cool SJ and B1 stuff. I just need more time to spend with the family and skis now.

I am an easy-going trucker and a great fist-fighter. With two friends - Orville, who promotes prize-fights for me, and Clyde, the orangutan I won on a bet - I roam the San Fernando Valley in search of cold beer, country music and the occasional punch-up.

Which-Way-But-Loose-gal-431.jpg

Coffee meet keyboard....LMAO! I loved that movie when I was little!

D-Roc

I forgot!
i pour concrete. foundations, floors, curbs, sidewalks, suspended slabs, retaining walls, machine pits/bases. etc, etc, anything out of concrete. we used to lift houses and move them but that ended in a fist fight, now we contract the lifting and excavations and just build basements.

here we are pouring a sction of sidewalk at my house on a in-between-jobs-day. My kids made sure we did a good job and that no one wrote their names in it after we were done finishing it. i love concrete.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 74

Frosty

New York Crew
Nice job D... I forgot you do that for a living. I should have had you come down and do the concrete at the beach house. I wound up mixing 120 80lb bags of concrete for the new piers I put in. Should have just had a cement truck come in... quite the work out though.

D-Roc

I forgot!
oh yeah mixing by hand is bad, you want a proper mix of concrete for outdoor exposed concrete. frost breaks the bag stuff apart alot quicker than say a 32mpa C2 mix design. if it is for piers i am sure it will last longer than you or me but for sidewalks that could see road salt....not so good. i worked on the boat lauch at crystal beach too. anything concrete there was us. we cannot do work across the boarder.

edit: it is a concrete truck, cement is just a powder. no one pours cement. ;)

Last edited:

Frosty

New York Crew
oh yeah mixing by hand is bad, you want a proper mix of concrete for outdoor exposed concrete. frost breaks the bag stuff apart alot quicker than say a 32mpa C2 mix design. if it is for piers i am sure it will last longer than you or me but for sidewalks that could see road salt....not so good. i worked on the boat lauch at crystal beach too. anything concrete there was us. we cannot do work across the boarder.

edit: it is a concrete truck, cement is just a powder. no one pours cement. ;)

LOL - concrete truck just sounds funny... LOL

yeah, the piers are under the house and in sand. the house is 200 years old (oldest house in the beach cottage community). The had the house sitting on old wooden beer kegs filled with concrete about 1 foot deep in the sand. I put all new ones in using 18" sonotubes going 48"s deep.

D-Roc

I forgot!
yeah we do alot of foundation repairs and if it cannot be repaired we lift the house and redo the foundation. it is amazing to see what some buildings/houses are sitting on. your house must have had some good movement from frost. i actually did some 24" sonotube that are above grade, the tubes have a finished liner in them. the architect wanted a 1" detail around it 3-4" down and a 2" chamfer on top. it haves 4 anchor bolts centered in it for a steel post and 6 20mm rebar projections for the next 18" sonotube pour on top. that was a tricky pour.

Top Bottom