What is the dumbest, most ridiculous comment you've gotten about a standup?

RoyalFlush@PCB

Shootin' The Crap
Oh yeah----I was gassing up one day here in PCB and this guy with an XL760 was doing the same. He looked at my ski (Wamilton's with a 5mm stroker at that time) and asked, "How fast will that thing go?"

I answered with a shrug, "It'll probably keep up with yours."

"That thing will do 65?" was his reply. :biggrin:

kody_frost

Why did i do that? oh ya!
The classic line is "They don't make those anymore do they?" I heard it from an A Hole water cop as he wrote me a ticket. Also comment how my ski must have been old.

My grandpa calls it a "Sea Ski"

Of course they have been called Waverunners and Sea Doos before as well in my pressance.

One time while a guy at the dock was about to chew me out for ridding too fast in a no wake zone ( I was going as slow as humanly possible on my knees) he asked if I just rode in on that Waverunner. I said no, he said yeah that one right there. I pointed to the Jet Ski on the side and said no, this is a JET SKI, not a Waverunner. lol He was pissed.

a cop said the same thing to me... as he was writing me a ticket. this is how that conversation went:

Cop: They dont make those things anymore, they are too dangerous. too many people killing themselves doing that thing where you go under water...subs

Me: actually they do, i was talking to a guys yesterday who just bought a brand new 2009 superjet.

Cop: Oh ya? He must of bought it from a private dealer who restores vintage skis.

Me: ya he did buy it from a private dealer... YAMAHA.

This is the point where he continued to finish writing my ticket. What a tool

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I was at a customer's house last week to fix a 98 Kawi STX.
He sees my RN in the back of my truck and asks snidely "What is that, a boat anchor?"

Me: :rolleyes:

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
I never get asked anything because there are standups everywhere in this town. Mostly all are racers(SX-R, Hydrospace) and lots of young peeps with 550/650SX/750SX. You see just as many standups behind trucks as you do sitdowns around here. Kind of refreshing..

Like yesterday at Body beach.. I'll bet there were 30 standups there at 8am when i arrived and all were 550/650SX, a few squares and 2 FX-1's including mine.

Of course there was one tool with a POS 440 or 550 with no waterbox going WFO, which for him was maybe 30mph! LMAO

I think it's hilarious when three fat dudes on a 3 seater ride up real close when I'm idleing out of a no wake and ask how fast it goes. I tell them between 75 and 80 depending on the temperature and what oil mixture I decide to run.

One time a guys boat broke down and he flagged me in and asked if I could give him a ride back to the ramp so he could grab his gas can.

FyrHazard

Ski Eat Sleep Repeat
a cop said the same thing to me... as he was writing me a ticket. this is how that conversation went:

Cop: They dont make those things anymore, they are too dangerous. too many people killing themselves doing that thing where you go under water...subs

Classic! I love the extra-educated folks who know that they don't make them anymore Because they're dangerous! haha. How many people have we seen who drive over eachother in couches, but a 300 lb standup is the dangerous one. Riiiiight

some guy pulled up to our dock where my x-2 was sitting with out a seat "is that thing for decoration?" and he was serious. the next day i was landing barrel rolls off of his wake. HA!

I actually have gotten that A LOT in both Navarre and Pcola.

Usually goes like
"wow, where do we rent one of those?"
"right here buddy, $200 per half hour. any takers?"

thats not a bad idea. also next time you see a massive yacht hauling ass try to draft in the 55+ foot boats wake. (ten feet behind the boat) then, when the 800lb coucher trys it he just looks like a fag :pancake:

Last edited:
I don't get bad comments where I ride on the Hudson River. I tend to get a lot of waves and thumbs up from the "real" boaters. We have an anchorage near where I launch and after beating myself up on the waves (we get a bunch of tidal action even up river) I'll do a "parade run" past the many rec boats anchored. I go very slowly, in full control.

This week, though, I did get a comment from a young guy in an inflatable, who asked me "what is that ?". He was very interested. We have a huge marketing problem when a young guy in a boat can't ID a standup. (SJ 701).

I always make it a point to leave the moron riding to the couch steerers.

Top Bottom