Other What is your age ?

What is your age ????????????????

• Total voters

MarkWalker

Site Supporter
At 12 years old I rode my cousins 1978 440 on Honeoye lake near Rochester NY in the summer of 79. I ended up buying that ski from him years later. 2 550s, 1 sxi, a sxr, a RN, and now a SN and a mint 1992 550sx (wifes ski). I'm 45 and still have fun riding, it just hurts a little longer the next day....

Yet, somehow it's a good pain. If every inch on my back, shoulders and neck are completely stiff and sore after my days off, I know I have relaxed!

38, moto background-1998-2004 4 year B rider, started riding a 650 sx at the same time. Couldn't afford racing so I went to pit bikes for 5 years (my first xr 50 was in 03 - 88cc kit). I bought an sxr in 08, now it's my ride of choice when it is warm out .

I ride almost every weekend 2pm-7:30pm (10-14 gallons a day), sometimes not on sat but always on Sunday. The sxr is thirsty and heavy but great in the big chop and big waves. Gets boring when it is flat out or when the waves are small 2-3 foot waves. Maybe a flat water boat will be in the future for the boring days.

Last edited:
27. Bought a 1983 non running 440 when I was 17. Bought my 2002 silverado in the same week sweated bullets on the payment and ski purchase. Still have the truck as a 2nd vehicle, wish I kept that first ski!

Sent from DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Been riding motocross bikes for years, tried a friends (age 63) standup and just had to buy my own.

Bought an 09 Superjet 4 months ago and absolutely love it, my plan is to ride my MX bike in Winter and the Superjet in Summer. I'm 56 with a mental age in the mid-teens.

Mike89

WAVE DREAMER
Im 23 been riding jetskis since 05. Had a 2007 seadoo rxp supercharge found out it was limited with it being a waverrunner and all so my cousin got me started on the stand up's. Bought my first standup in 08, 98 SXI PRO and this past season purchased the 2012 superjet which is my true love. Best water sport out there!!!

loictahiti

Site Supporter
48 for me , and each time i'm riding , i loose some years ;-)))
Most of the guys I ride with , are 30 and less , so , still be the higher :brap:

don't let the years hurt you, be stronger

euhhhhhh except the monday , after sunday ride :no:

17 for me. I bought a modded out 550 with nightmarish carb issues last summer and Ended up switching to an sbn and sold it. Got into a squarenose and never looked back!

Trying to build my ski as best I can without financial aid from my parents. Pretty tough on my Dairy Queen salary :D but I love riding!!

I should have called this post "What is your age and your story ". It's great to read all the different ways you guys started, altough majority would go to "bought a Kawi 440 and rest is history". I'm still blown away how many of us are over 40 and realy suprised with the numbers over 50, WOW! Why did I stop at 50 bracket? There should be a 60+ and 70+ bracket, what was I thinking? The body might age but we are all a bunch of young teenagers going through puberty, in our minds anyways.
Keep them coming!

I should have called this post "What is your age and your story ". It's great to read all the different ways you guys started, altough majority would go to "bought a Kawi 440 and rest is history". I'm still blown away how many of us are over 40 and realy suprised with the numbers over 50, WOW! Why did I stop at 50 bracket? There should be a 60+ and 70+ bracket, what was I thinking? The body might age but we are all a bunch of young teenagers going through puberty, in our minds anyways.
Keep them coming!

X2 cool to hear of the new guys getting into our sport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted my age but not my story, if it's worth anything. I started dating a girl who is now my fiance and her dad asked me if i had ever ridden a jetski. I had ridden a few seapoos growing up so i said yea, he said come over to the other garage i wanna show you something. He opened the door and my bank account hasn't been the same since. He is my main riding buddy, i have been told many times during the summer that i spend more time with him either wrenching/ridding than i do with the little lady!

I posted my age but not my story, if it's worth anything. I started dating a girl who is now my fiance and her dad asked me if i had ever ridden a jetski. I had ridden a few seapoos growing up so i said yea, he said come over to the other garage i wanna show you something. He opened the door and my bank account hasn't been the same since. He is my main riding buddy, i have been told many times during the summer that i spend more time with him either wrenching/ridding than i do with the little lady!
Dad, the loveblocker! lol

Last edited:
I am 25.

It all started for me two seasons ago. Wanted a way to get out on the water all the time when the family wasn't taking the boat out. I knew I wouldn't like a couch because I would get bored everytime riding a buddies. I'd rather be on a boat if I'm sitting down! Didn't realize how quickly the bug hits you.

Anyways I got a 300sx at the end of that season. Learned to ride it through the fall. Beginning of this season it started to run randomly. Motor was junk. So I saved up some cash and got my first SN. I could not stop smiling for weeks after my first test ride before I even brought it home across state lines. Met the Cleveland crew through this website and got to ride big waves for the first time this past fall. I love the learning curve of freeriding and learning all about the technical side. I'm totally hooked.

Last edited:

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Keep them coming!

Fred (Augustaf) is another one of our seniors (sorry Fred)! He used to post up some on here and is friends with many of the FLA riders.And a wealth of knowledge.

Top Bottom