Other What is your age ?

What is your age ????????????????

• Total voters
Ive been wakeboarding since i can remember and always seen stand up riders outside my house, im curious if anyone on this site rides in the back of the severn river, maryland. Finally started looking around the end of the season and got a stock 1993 650sx for 900 which got me hooked. Then two weeks later i saw a 1991 sn with a 1993 701 and many other addons for 1400, test rode it and had to buy. Gonna sell the sx in the summer. But i plan on putting footholds, some body repairs, and painting the sn in the next few weeks. Also gonna post pictures of my ski soon to see if people can point out the aftermarket additions, as i am not sure of everything changed.

SkiDiggity

formerly kawirider142
Ive been wakeboarding since i can remember and always seen stand up riders outside my house, im curious if anyone on this site rides in the back of the severn river, maryland. Finally started looking around the end of the season and got a stock 1993 650sx for 900 which got me hooked. Then two weeks later i saw a 1991 sn with a 1993 701 and many other addons for 1400, test rode it and had to buy. Gonna sell the sx in the summer. But i plan on putting footholds, some body repairs, and painting the sn in the next few weeks. Also gonna post pictures of my ski soon to see if people can point out the aftermarket additions, as i am not sure of everything changed.

I did paint on my sn and it took forever and honesty it went to :):):):) eventually just from getting banged up at the river and surf. if your ski looks decent save the time and just do holds and reinforce then RIDE!

yamanube

This Is The Way
Staff member
Going to hit 28 in a few weeks, I picked up a 440 in 2005 on a whim and got hooked, bought a new superjet in '06 and been riding as much as possible since then. I am currently located 1500 miles from my ski, need to change that.

I am 15, started riding three years ago. My neighbor had a 750sx in the corner of his garage covered in dust. It always intrigued me I asked him if I could ride and that was all she wrote.

todc207

Drama diffuser
Wow I feel old!! 43 and have been riding since going to the dealer and buying a new 550 for $2800.00 was a option. I was even riding when the 550 got reed valves and that was a HUGE deal. Wow how far we have come

just turned 30, been riding dirt bikes quads and streetbikes for years.. friends of mine bought skis, test rode 1 in august and have had 2 blasters, 2 kawi 650s and a 93 sn.. i'm hooked!!

Check out DelMarVa Freeriders on Facebook if you haven't already. It's my old crew, used to ride with them in Middle River every Wednesday and Sunday, there are a few guys that ride down around the Bay Bridge pretty often too. Someone there should know who you are talking about.

As for this thread, 27, been riding for 4 years now. My friend who now lives in SanDiego got me hooked, found a great deal on an SXR, also own an ultra 150 which I'm trying to sell (still in MD, no use for it), and have since built a ROK hull and took it with me overseas.

Last edited:

rwilliamtaylor

Ride, Wrench, Repeat
Just turned 52... Ride every weekend in San Diego with my 18 year old son. Bought a 550 two years ago as a project to build with my son and we got hooked. Bought a 650sx... Built it then sold it and bought a SN Superjet. Now getting the cash and parts together for a BOB build.

Tommygunz

Team PHP
Turning 17 in a few months. Growing up my family had an xl800 and a seapoo, I always liked the xl800 a lot more... We sold them later to buy a boat and got out of jet skiing. 3 years ago I saw a 650sx for sale outside of a restaurant in town and thought it would be fun. I had been refereeing hockey for a long time then and had made enough to buy a decent ski. That ski sold but I ended up getting a super clean 96 750 sxi. I liked it and so did my older brother so he sold his dirt bike and found a good deal on a stock 93 superjet. That same year I found a 07 sxr for a crazy deal I couldn’t pass up. The plan was to sell the sxi and keep the sxr. Well, although the sxi isn’t a freestyle ski I still liked it more than the sxr I had so I sold it. Later that year I had the chance to ride a modded fx1. Knew I had to get one. Haha My brother and I sold all the skis we had and started over. We ended up with 2 144mm pumped, b piped fx1s. Rode them all last year and still love them! We really like superjets so we picked up another really clean square. I now ride with a racer and he is doing a motor for my fx1 this year. Really love being able to ride such nice skis. (bobs, sxr1100s, built superjets) I have really gotten into it. I think I have a pretty nice ski for buying it all myself and having my brother and i do everything. For all the details on my ski take a look at my profile. Thanks for reading haha

I believe that Zack from Powerhouse talked to you a bit? Hopefully we all hook up this summer and get you and your bro on some of our monsters.....like the Circus and my brand new Bob:)

R

ridethelip

I will be turning the big five "O" in febuary. I rented a 400 and my brother got the 440 the year was 1977 on Oahu at the hawaii kai marina.I had the the swim suit with pockets and the jet pump ripped those while I was learning how to handle that powerful machine.We knew Kawasaki was onto something ,man what a ride.Use to love to ride Moto but 40 yrs of that and I hate the slow heal attitude has crept in so I put that on the side burner.Single fins and clay wheels are what got me going.Wetsuits are so Good now. I laugh and say to myself now a days when I see that guy riding the long board with the beaver tail jacket trying to be all retro. Why? I sure love riding in the surf on the ski.

R

ridethelip

Splash magazine would have you believe that Randy "the mayor" Laine is still only 35. He is 12 years older than me. Go chain saw.

Top Bottom