Other What was your most worthless mod?

:):):):), I have an O ringed head, TITAN pole, turfed rails, an aftermarket waterbox, front exhaust, and a paint job - along with a solas mag pump - and i didnt realise just how crap I have must have made my ski.

some of the mods listed in this thread truly are worthless..........others are worthless "for a particular setup"

I agree with matt E's comment...stock waterboxes are fine, UNLESS you are trying to save as much weight as possible or use a box to flow a bigger CC engine.....some parts just simply wont work with certain setups...

when I had my first XS engine installed I got back a garbage bag full of stock parts that they said were incompatible for the new setup.......w0uld they technically FIT? yes....but its all about the recipe.....

things like turfed rails....worthless, just for looks

front exhaust..worthless, if you cant tailstand without one you suck

billet gascaps...worthless, unless you lose your gascap :)

internal fuel fill on a stock ski.......gay. and we a/m guys are jealous even if we dont say it!

the post about the RD head that did nothing except switch from gaskets to O-rings........excellent info for this thread

this thread is turning into more of an

"I have this part and its awesome!"

Last edited:

tightithrash

Zack Bright. I Thrash.
Site Supporter
id say the water box isnt worthless and agree with idok that particular set up is key.

for me the xscream box is way better than stock not just for weight but for fitment issues in AM hulls. the stock box/ FP box in the FR-2 was a joke. i literally had to kick it into place. also no room for the breather hoses or the cables. the xscream box lets you place the hoses on the side of the box and made everything fit better. same goes for my Light-Weight.

for a worthless mod i would say, since alot have been covered, oem diameter billet couplers.....why spend that money and not go lighter/ kawi style?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
some of the mods listed in this thread truly are worthless..........others are worthless "for a particular setup"

I agree with matt E's comment...stock waterboxes are fine, UNLESS you are trying to save as much weight as possible or use a box to flow a bigger CC engine.....some parts just simply wont work with certain setups...

when I had my first XS engine installed I got back a garbage bag full of stock parts that they said were incompatible for the new setup.......w0uld they technically FIT? yes....but its all about the recipe.....

things like turfed rails....worthless, just for looks

front exhaust..worthless, if you cant tailstand without one you suck

billet gascaps...worthless, unless you lose your gascap :)

internal fuel fill on a stock ski.......gay. and we a/m guys are jealous even if we dont say it!

the post about the RD head that did nothing except switch from gaskets to O-rings........excellent info for this thread

this thread is turning into more of an

"I have this part and its awesome!"

Some of those mods are Bandwagon Mods. People do them because they saw them on Malones or Lenzi's ski.

Turfed Rails. For the Average Person, Waste of Time. For Someone doing flat water freestyle. Definitely helps. Pain to upkeep.

Front Exhaust. Same thing. In Competition you need it. Allows you to get on the gas and not worry about cavitation. No major benefit otherwise.

Billet - I agree, but they do look good if you have an external fuel fill.

Internal Fuel Fil - If you do any hood tricks or transition tricks then it is really nice not having that ball grabber just waiting to snag your shorts or rip down your leg or thigh.

R&D Cast Head = Junk! We agree on something!

Keep in mind, all these mods are for old school freestyle (Before 2006/2007)

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
id say the water box isnt worthless and agree with idok that particular set up is key.

for me the xscream box is way better than stock not just for weight but for fitment issues in AM hulls. the stock box/ FP box in the FR-2 was a joke. i literally had to kick it into place. also no room for the breather hoses or the cables. the xscream box lets you place the hoses on the side of the box and made everything fit better. same goes for my Light-Weight.

I have to agree with you there. I went with the ATP for similar reasons. The OEM fit poorly due to the rocker on the Matrix and left little room for the breather hoses, trim cable and anything else.

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
Absolutely! My current and previous skis are both rattle canned with Krylon and somehow I still manage to have fun. Go figure! :dunno:

For sure, all that time spend sanding and buffing just to tear the hell out of the hull. Next time its rattle can.

Top Bottom