Other What was your most worthless mod?

All you guys saying turfed rails are nuts. Just for the fact of picking skis up on the beach they are worth it. I hate when someone without turfed rails asks for help putting a ski on a cart or trailer.

Stubby pump cones are just funny to me. You look at a mag pump and know it works but then by a cone that does the opposite.

Waternut

Customizing addict
I can't say I agree with all of the "worst mods" being thrown out there but I will object to internal fill. I could care less about how "Cool" it may look without external fill.

I personally think pulling the hood off mid ride and post ride is very important. Gives me a minute or two to look the ski over and see if anything is out of place, loose, almost broken, or already broken. Call it preemptive maintenance or whatever you want but it really helps me keep the ski reliable. I always pulled the hood off anyway when filling up so I could see how much gas goes in. Overfilling and pouring gas all over your fresh paint job or into the water was never fun for me either.

Just my opinion...

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Filling the crossover on a stock 38s manifold.

no good? I know it is suggested for a 760 manifold. I always wanted to try it out on the 38's

I have a filled dual 38's manifold I was going to try but I haven't ran 38's in two years.

My most worthless mod was 3 sets of 7/8 straight bars. I bent all three of em to +2 .................. RRP fatbar FTW

Last edited:

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Freestyle sponge. I bought one of those to help reduce water weight in my bilge area. It didnt do squat!

:pancake:

:loser:

j/k

I would have to go with:
Pump cone
Lightweight flywheel
SXR trim for freestyle
Reeds, my stockers were the same
Putting 46mm carbs on a 701. Lost bottom end snap but did gain top end speed.
Anything Billet, I hate billet, it weighs more costs more and IMO is less strong than most other comparable items like SS or good cast aluminum. Did I mention I have a lot of billet parts on my new build :)

Last edited:

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
Lightweight battery was a good idea, I just didn't order one with enough cca. (LMAO! Can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet on the shorai's and ballistics)

I am super happy with all my hull mods (as far as handling and some tricks go) but it's still a boat anchor. I love the way it rides now and that's no joke. But in hindsight I should have just started saving for a lighter am hull last winter. The material cost wasn't bad, but the man hours were absolutely ridiculous. But... I learned a ton about fabrication and finishing.

Top Bottom